Thursday, August 20, 2020

August 19, 2020 Lunch – Hotdog from Costco, Dinner – Rueben Sandwiches with Cucumber and Onion salad




 August 19, 2020 Lunch – Hotdog from Costco, Dinner – Rueben Sandwiches with Cucumber and Onion salad

I woke up at 4:00 and went back to sleep at 5:00 and slept until 7:30.

I ate granola, milk, blueberries and yogurt for breakfast and had a meeting with a client and then walked ½ mile.

I rested until 10:30 and then showered and dressed and drove to Pastian’s Bakery and bought a loaf of German Whole wheat bread.

Then I drove to Costco and shopped for a few items, including a 500 gram wheel of brie, a 3 lb. log of Jimmie Dean Sausage, a Greek yogurt, a bottle of Croft Ruby Port, a bottle of Acrobat Pinot Gris from the Willamette Valley, a container of shampoo, a container of Conditioner, and a prescription.

After I paid I bought a piece of pizza and a hot dog at Costco’s food service counter and drove to Shahin’s office.  We ate lunch at his desk.

Then I did a little research for his assistant and drove home.

It was 94 degrees as I drove home, so I rested when I returned home in our cooler bedroom until 4:00 and then turned on Mad Money.  I lost .2%, which was not so bad unless it was the beginning of a downturn in the market.  Before going to bed to blog tonight I established stop limit sales orders on many of my stocks, just in case the market turns down.

I forgot to meditate at 5:00 due to looking at the coverage of the democratic convention.

Reuben Sandwiches 

We were hungry so I sliced Jarlsberg cheese while Suzette buttered two slices of bread for each of our sandwiches and lay slices of Jarlsburg cheese on the side of each slice facing up and fetched and heated a small pot of pork and sauerkraut.  I made a Russian dressing by adding mayo, pickle relish, and catsup to the PPI crab dressing I made last Sunday.  Then I , went to the garage and fetched two Modelo pale ale beers.  

Suzette lay Slices of cheese on each piece of toast and cooked the bread until the outside was crisp and the cheese slices melted. When the pork was heated Suzette lay a thick layer of pork and sauerkraut on top of the melted  cheese on one piece of bread and Russian dressing on top of it and lay the other slice of bread on top cheese side down to form a sandwich.

She cut each sandwich in half and garnished each plate with a ramekin filled with cucumber and red onion salad dressed with balsamic vinegar and olive oil dressing.  

We enjoyed our sandwiches and beers as we watched the Democratic Convention.  Later I made a second sandwich and ate the rest of the cucumber salad.

I think we did not want to cook today because we had been running around in the heat and I had created a reasonable dinner option by buying the German Whole wheat bread, which provided us the ability to create a new dish and use some of the bucket of PPI Pork and sauerkraut.  We may be eating many more Reuben Sandwiches in the near future.  

We went to bed at 10:00 after Kamala’s speech.


Bon Appetit


No comments:

Post a Comment