Sunday, August 16, 2020

August 16, 2020 Lunch – Eggs, Bacon, and Calabacitas. Dinner – PPI Eggplant Parmigiana with Spaghetti

 August 16, 2020 Lunch – Eggs, Bacon, and Calabacitas. Dinner – PPI Eggplant Parmigiana with Spaghetti

This was an exceedingly lazy day for me.  Suzette worked in the garden while I watched the news programs and ate a breakfast of granola, milk, yogurt, and blueberries.

The most exciting thing we did today was soak in the freshly cleaned and filled hot tub at 10:30

At 11:30 we fixed a brunch of Eggs, Bacon, and Calabacitas.  Suzette Fried the last two or three slices of bacon and then sautéed ¼ diced zucchini.  I added a bag of kale and arugula from our garden and finally Suzette added three stirred eggs.  The dish ended up a scramble rather than an omelet, but quite delicious, especially with slices of avocado and a generous dash or four of Cholula hot sauce.


My open face burrito



Suzette’s burrito




I rested after brunch until Suzette awakened me for our weekly 2:00 family Zoom meeting.

After our zoom meeting I read the New Yorker and dozed until 5:30.

I then went to the kitchen and made 36 chocolate chip cookies with raisins, chocolate chips and toasted pecans.

After I finished baking cookies, Suzette heated up two bowls of PPI spaghetti covered with the last of the Grilled Eggplant Parmigiana she made last night.


We watched 60 Minutes, then a wonderful documentary on photos of the British Royal Family and finally at 8:00 a two hour episode of Endeavor, the new season of PBS’ mystery series.


We went to bed at 10:00.


Bon Appetit


No comments:

Post a Comment