Tuesday, August 25, 2020

August 24, 2020 Lunch – 2000 Vietnam No. 21. Dinner – Chicken, Asparagus, Onion, and smoked Pork Chop wine and cream sauce over linguine

 August 24, 2020 Lunch – 2000 Vietnam No. 21. Dinner – Chicken, Asparagus, Onion, and smoked Pork Chop wine and cream sauce over linguine

I ate yogurt, granola, milk, and tropical fruit salad for breakfast and then walked ½ mile.

The market took off like a scared rabbit again today, although it settled down a bit toward the close ending with the Dow up an impressive 368points.  I had another amazing 1% gain today. A pretty usual Monday in the Market.

At 11:20 I drove to Total Wine to buy three bottles of brandy for Suzette as an ingredient for her maraschino cherries. And six other bottles of wine two Cotes du Rhone reds, three vouvray whites and 1 Falerio Italian white.

I then drove to Trader Joe’s where I bought a baguette and a ciabatta plus four bottles of French wine, a Sagnol Rose, a Famille Perrin Reserve White, a new bottle of 100% Sauvignon Blanc white Bordeaux, and a Tavel.

I then drove to Vietnam 2000 and picked up the No. 21 I had ordered for $10.00 and drove mk' k,mm,mhm, hk,home.  After unloading the groceries I picked a dozen basil leaves and fetched the cilantro and ate the whole lunch as I watched the Market close.,’Kyl,has,,xe

I worked until 5:15 when Suzette came home and started making chicken salad and dinner.  

Suzette decided to combine the last smoked pork chop With onions, some of the chicken breast, mushrooms, and chopped asparagus in a white vermouth and cream sauce to serve over spaghetti.



I had chilled the Falerio white and Willy brought his camp stove and stayed for dinner.  We ate in the back yard.  Falerio is one of my favorite new under $10.00 Italian whites.  Here is a picture.  



Chicken salad. Before and after dinner I chopped three stalks of celery, ½ red onion, three hard boiled eggs, a handful of tarragon, 2 red apples 

Peeled. cored and diced, and 1 ½ chicken breasts and added 1 cup mayonnaise, juice of 1 lemon, 1 tsp. of white wine vinegar, and ¼ tsp. of salt.

This will be our lunch on Wednesday.

While I was making chicken salad, Suzette was making 10 mason jars of maraschino cherries with the three bags of cherries we pitted yesterday.

We cleaned up around 9:30 and went to bed.

Bon Appetit


No comments:

Post a Comment