Wednesday, June 10, 2020

June 9, 2020 Lunch – Stir Fried Mapo Dofu with Egg noodles. Dinner – PPI Stuffed Zucchini

June 9, 2020 Lunch – Stir Fried Mapo Dofu with Egg noodles.  Dinner – PPI Stuffed Zucchini

I ate tropical fruit salad, yogurt, and granola for breakfast and then rode about five miles north the Mountain Rd. and back.

I then worked until 12:30.   Suzette told me she would not eat the fresh egg noodles I bought at Talin several weeks ago because she thought they looked moldy.  I said the white powdery stuff was probably flour to keep the noodles separated from each other.  I was right.  I decided to try them, so I boiled two bundles of them and in a few minutes I had about 1 quart of soft noodles.   I simmered the noodles for about 10 minutes until they tasted soft and then rinsed them.

I put about 2 T. of peanut oil in a wok and heated it and then added two ladlefuls of Mapo Dofu at medium high heat and the ½ half of the noodles and the last 1 ½ T. of crab sauce.  When everything was heated I enjoyed a large bowl of noodles mixed with Mapo Dofu and drank green tea with lunch.



Suzette came home around 4:20.  I worked until 6:30.  We had  dEcided  to reheat  the remaining two Cajun style zucchini stuffed with sausage, crab thermidor, and shrimp.  Suzette opened a bottle of 2015 Joseph Drouhin Beaujolais Villages.  I love this wine from Suzette’s Bistro Restaurant.




After dinner we toasted French Baguette slices and spread St. Andre on them.

The stuffed zucchini were even more flavorful than the first night.  We heated our stuffed zucchini and relished every bite.

After dinner at 8:00, we decided to walk to the beaver pond and see if we could see a beaver .  When we arrived we again saw a beaver swimming across the other side of the pond and into its lodge.  Having seen the beaver twice in two times was trilling.  We can not believe that just ten minutes from our house is a beaver pond with a family of beavers.

We went home and happily went to bed.

Also this was another one of those amazing days when most of the market goes down except for the tech stocks. My portfolio hit a new all time high with a small .25% gain as Apple and Amazon soared to new all time highs.  I bought 20 shares of Amazon last Thursday at what was a high of about $2,483 but it went up $93 today to help take the portfolio to a gain in the face of a 300 point drop in the Dow.  I now own all the fang stocks except Netflix.

Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment