Thursday, June 25, 2020

June 24, 2020 Lunch – PPI Pork Filling and Rice Donburi. Dinner – New Recipe, n Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Pork Tenderloin and Ratatouille.

June 24, 2020 Lunch – PPI Pork Filling and Rice Donburi. Dinner – New Recipe, n Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Pork Tenderloin and Ratatouille.

The theme of the day. Everything is better wrapped in Bacon.

I ate the PPI diced melon with yogurt for breakfast as I worked on my brief and helped the plumbers locate a leak in the house.


Unfortunately, the leak was located under the pad where the old dead swamp cooler was located so we will need to wait a few days t allow the ground to dry before the new swamp cooler is placed so it will not sink into the mud, which is probably what happened to the old swamp cooler, because it was completely rusted out on the bottom where it had sunk into the mud.  I am thrilled that Joe and Brian to find the leak.  I took them all morning as they turned off different sections of water and checked under the house for the leak.

I was hungry again by 11:00.  I asked Suzette if she was hungry and she said,”Yes! I am famished.”

So we went to the kitchen.  The best leftover was the last 1/3 of my plate of chicken tacos from last night.  I suggested Suzette eat that.

I was looking at the container of stir fried pork filling mixed with green beans and green onions and wondering if I could add eggs and make egg foo young.

I found the recipe for soft omelettes in the Japanese Cookbook.

Here it is.


I decided to try it and tried to proportion the recipe for two eggs.  I measured ½ cup of the chicken stock we made yesterday and added 1 T. of soy and mirin and 1 tsp. of sesame oil in the mix and 1 tsp. of sesame oil in the wok.

I then stirred two eggs and added them to the liquid.

I heated the pork mix in the wok and then added the liquid to the wok.

There was no firmness and I had to flip and cook the mix until the liquid evaporated, which took about ten minutes.  The result was not as firm as egg foo young and the eggs did not hold together and puff up like in a pot of soup.  But it tasted delicious.

I joined Suzette outside by the pond and ate the whole delicious loose pile of rice, pork, and egg. It made me feel better.

After lunch that many of my stocks had hit the stop sell target including Apple in the 710 drop in the Dow.  I rebought Apple and then finished the first draft of the brief.

I felt free and called Tom Crow and he was in the office, soo grabbed the check and the bottle of Calvados and  drove to the bank and then to Tom’s office.  We had a great hourlong talk after I gave him the Calvados.

As I left Tom’s I called Gruet and Matt told me they had my allotment of wines, so I drove there next. Matt brought the box of wine to the car.  Here are the six bottles.


I then drove to Costco and picked up my prescription and at 4:15 arrived home.

I reworked the brief outline and sent it back to Carolyn and was mixing a gin and tonic when Suzette arrived at 5:15 from her errands.

We had discussed our dinner menu in the morning and had agreed to thaw the pork tenderloin in the freezer.

We decided to butterfly the pork tender and fill it.  Suzette wanted to fill with onion and Apple. I wanted a fruit so we added both.  Suzette rehydrated 1/3 cup cranraisins and I chopped ½ apple and 1/3 onion.

Suzette sautéed the filling and stuffed the opening in the tender and wrapped the tender with three
slices of bacon that she affixed with toothpicks.  She then sautéed the tender in a skillet to crisper the bacon.

Then she baked the tender in the oven for about 15 minutes in a 375 degree oven, which left the center pink and heated the casserole of Ratatouille.

We decided to drink a French Rose to complete the Southern France character of the meal, so I opened the bottle of 2018 Cotes du Provence St. Sagnol I had chilled.

I sliced the tender and Suzette lay several slices on a pile of warm Ratatouille.  We decided to not add a green vegetable and enjoyed a lovely Mediterranean French meal.






We fell like we were sitting in France as we sipped the chilled rose.

Another heavenly meal.

To celebrate I opened a new bottle of Berenroy XO Calvados and sipped a glass after dinner with a cup of chai and two of the new Biscotti baked by the chefs at her Center for Ageless Living.

What a wonderful meal.

Bon Appetit













No comments:

Post a Comment