Saturday, June 27, 2020

June 27, 2020 Lunch – 2000 Vietnam No. 21. Dinner – PPI Chicken Vietnamese Noodle Soup

June 27, 2020 Lunch – 2000 Vietnam No. 21. Dinner – PPI Chicken Vietnamese Noodle Soup

Somewhat by coincidence the food ingredient of today was Vietnamese vermicelli noodles.

We made Sausage, Potato, onion, and egg burritos for breakfast with Jimmie Dean Sausage that we ate in the garden.  I also peeled and cubes the last pieces of melon see bought at Sprouts several weeks ago that were still delicious.



After breakfast we harvested about ½ of the lavender and then deforested our shrub beds along the front and sides of the house of unwanted species of trees and trimmed the shrubs.

I was tired after we finished but I soon recovered soon while watching TV until noon.  After a shower I called Willy to find out if he wanted us to pick up a No. 21 at 2000 Vietnam and bring it to him. No. 21 is a three layer dish with cool chopped lettuce, cucumber sticks, and mung bean sprouts on the bottom vegetables . Warm boiled fresh rice vermicelli noodles in the middle layer and  hot fried rice paper wrapped pork filled egg rolls and marinated and grilled slices of pork on top.






When he said, “Yes.”, I ordered 2 No. 21s from 2000 Vietnam. We drove to the restaurant located at the intersection where San Mateo intersects Lead/coal its West side and Zuni on the East.  Suzette fetched the order.  We drove to Willy’s apartment and gave Willy an order and we shared the other order.  It was pleasant eating at the large table on Willy’s patio because there was a breeze and because Willy played us several songs by a band named XX on the Bluetooth speakers on the patio and the music sounded wonderful.

We picked Oriental basil from Willy’s herb garden Suzette made for him for his birthday to garnish our dish.  I brought lettuce and cilantro to add to the dish also.

After lunch at 2:00 we  went home and Suzette ran errands and I worked on my brief until Suzette returned at 4:30 and turned on the TV after which I could no longer concentrate.

At 6:30 I was ready to make dinner but Suzette was not hungry, perhaps because she had eaten a bowl of vanilla ice cream in the late afternoon.

I was on my own so I went to the fridge and when I opened the door was pleasantly surprised to see the PPI bowl of Chicken Noodle Soup left from the pot of Soup I prepared yesterday.


Suzette was deeply engaged in making a foam cushion covered with vinyl for a park bench at the Center for Ageless Living, so I heated and ate the Soup.  The soup contained Vietnamese fresh boiled egg white noodles, so for the second time today I was eating Vietnamese Vermicelli Noodles.

After dinner I also ate a bowl of vanilla ice cream with a drizzle of Hershey chocolate syrup and rum as we watched Father Brown and Death in Paradise.

Suzette went to bed at 10:00. I stayed up to watch the PBS Dutch mystery named Professor T about an eccentric Criminology Professor who brilliantly solves murders for the Royal police and then blogged.

Bon Appetit





No comments:

Post a Comment