Thursday, June 18, 2020

June 18, 2020 Lunch – PPI Mapo Dofu and Garlic Eggplant with Grilled Lamb. Dinner – PPI BBQ Country style pork Ribs with a baked Potato and steamed string beans

June 18, 2020 Lunch – PPI Mapo Dofu and Garlic Eggplant with Grilled Lamb. Dinner – PPI BBQ Country style pork Ribs with a baked Potato and steamed string beans

I awakened at 5:00 and watched the news and ate granola, tropical fruit salad, milk and yogurt until 6:30.

I then placed stop sell orders on most of my stocks and then began working on the brief.

At 12:30 I heated the PPI Mapo Dofu and Garlic Eggplant with Grilled Lamb.  It was awful.  I wasn’t sure if it was good to eat, because the Mapo Dofu was about two weeks old.  I ate it anyway and then went to the post office and then finished the first draft of the brief by 5:00

As I was making my gin and tonic Suzette arrived and we had a cocktail and watched the news.

We decided to sauce and heat several of the PPI BBQ country style pork ribs and bake six potatoes and steam some green beans.

I poked holes in six russet potatoes and baked them for an hour at 375 degrees.  After 30 minutes I sauced coated four pieces of BBQ pork with our new Hunt’s BBQ sauce and Suzette put some water in the bottom of the Pyrex dish we laid them in and put them unto the oven.

With ten minutes to go we started the green beans steaming and by a couple of minutes after 7:00 everything was ready.  Suzette fetched two beers from the garage fridge and I ran to the garden, grabbed six or seven chives, and sliced them thinly.

Suzette opened the baked potatoes and buttered them and divided the green beans and we each added sour cream and a small handful of chives to our potato.

The pork was awful. It was so tough as to be inedible, even when slathered with BBQ sauce. Suzette said ,”it was cooked at too high a temp for too short a time.” I suspect she was right.

The potato was delicious and the steamed string beans were okay. I ate slices of onion with my dinner, as I usually do with BBQ.


There are days like today when one is busy and food becomes secondary but to eat two awful meals of PPI dishes put me in s bad mood.

Actually as I was blogging bed Suzette had a great idea, to shred the dried out pork and mix it with cabbage and water chestnuts and stuff Chinese dumplings.

Tomorrow will be another day with hopefully better food.

Bon Appetit


No comments:

Post a Comment