Friday, June 12, 2020

June 11, 2020 Lunch – Mapo Dofu with Egg noodles. Dinner – Grilled Lamb Chops with fresh sugar snap peas and Minted Roasted Purple Potatoes and Tzatziki

June 11, 2020 Lunch – Mapo Dofu with Egg noodles. Dinner – Grilled Lamb Chops with fresh sugar snap peas and Minted Roasted Purple Potatoes and Tzatziki

I worked until 3:30 this morning, so was kind of a mess this morning and found myself unable to work on the brief. I decided to file a motion to extend the filing date and I also needed to obtain another copy of the record proper, so that is what I did today.

The big news was the complete melt down of the market by over 1800 points.  My loss was 2.1% which is the worst loss since March.

It was shattering.  I already was a zombie from lack of sleep and I was in shock most of the day as I watched the sell off escalate while I ate a slice of bagel with cream cheese, onion and white fish plus a bowl of tropical fruit salad.


Luckily prices have not dropped below the prices I bought back most of my stocks at yet.

Tomorrow will tell the tale whether we are in another melt down like March.

I prepared the motion and sent it to opposing counsel for concurrence before lunch.

I ate a light lunch of Mapo Dofu with some of the PPI egg noodles I had boiled last week.  I added some soy sauce to add salt and flavor.  I love this dish and particularly liked the noodles. They are squiggly and fun to try to pick up and taste delicious because they are a live pasta.

We planned on dinner with a Mike so I took a package of lamb chops out of the fridge after lunch.

I then drove to computer corner and bought a flash memory stick and took it to the Court.

When I returned home I filed my motion to extend with the court.

I was shocked by the over 1800 point sell off.  I made a bowl of Tzatziki with ½ cucumber peeled and diced, juice of ½ lemon, 1 clove of garlic pressed, some olive oil and some yogurt and a lot of chopped mint.



At 4:30:I could no longer stay awake, so I napped until Suzette awakened me at 5:15.

I fetched a handful of mint from the garden and chopped it to mix with the purple potatoes Suzette had roasted, although I threw some into the Tzatziki.


Mike came at 6:30 with the milk, cucumbers, tomatoes, and cream cheese I had requested.  I made us gin and tonics and I replenished the Tzatziki with an additional ½ cucumber diced, olive oil, and yogurt and we then toured the garden.


Suzette glazed the lamb chops with the mint sauce she made yesterday and then grilled the lamb chops.


Suzette went to the garden and picked about ½ cup of sugar peas that she then blanched in a covered Pyrex loaf pan in the microwave.



I added minced mint to the potatoes that Suzette has cooked with scallions and opened the bottle of 2018 La Crema Willamette Valley Pinot Noir. It was smooth and very drinkable but lacked the depth and character of the best Willamette pinots.

We took our plates, glasses, the bottle, and the the Tzatziki to the table under the gazebo.

It was great catching up on what Mike has been doing.

After dinner I poured cognacs for all and we retired to the living room and chatted until 10:00, when mike left and then went to  bed.

Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment