Saturday, June 6, 2020

June 5, 2020 Lunch – No. 21 from 2000 Vietnam
Dinner –  New Recipe - Zucchini Stuffed with Shrimp, crab Thermidor and Sausage

I slept in a bit and when I got up discovered that the Market had taken off on a tear toward a 1000 point gain based on the employment numbers.  Instead of expected job losses, there were over two million new jobs.  The economy seemed to be responding to the stimulus and opening.

By the end of the day the enthusiasm subsided, but the Dow still posted an amazing 829 point gain.  I felt better about my purchase of google and Amazon yesterday and worse about my sale of Exxon the day before.

I made a bowl of tropical fruit salad with ½ of a large papaya, a pineapple, four oranges, and three mangos and juice of one lime.

Then i worked a bit on my brief and ordered groceries from Smith’s until 12:30, when I decided to order take out from 2000 Vietnam. I have discovered takeout lately and am ordering a No. 21, bun cha gio once or twice a week now.  It is my favorite summertime Vietnamese dish with it cool salad base covered with fluffy steamed rice vermicelli noodles and topped with grilled marinated sliced pork and deep fried pork egg rolls served with sweetened fish sauce.

I called a Willy to see if he wanted to join me for lunch.  He loves No. 21 even more than me, so I was pretty sure he would want to join me for lunch and he agreed.

I went to bank and 2000 Vietnam and picked up the two boxed lunches ($17.80) and drove home.

Willy arrived soon after me a little after 2:00.  I had time to check my portfolio and discovered it hit a new high with a astronomical 2% gain.

We ate outside under the gazebo.  Even though the temperature was 100 degrees there was a cool breeze that made being outside pleasant.

After lunch I worked a bit more and when the heat became unbearably hot at my desk, I lay down on my bed at 3:00 and read.

At 4:00 Suzette arrived and we had a drink and at 4:40 drove to the library, which was closed and then to a Smith’s at the corner of Constitution and Carlisle. I saw lots of fire and police activity today and large cement barriers like the kind used to protect highway construction sites from cars. As I write the blog this evening at 10:50 p.m., there are helicopters flying overhead.  It feels like we are under surveillance , which probably are.

Smith’s is huge store with a designated side door with parking spaces in front.  I parked and dialed the number on the sign. It was answered and when I identified myself the lady I spoke and said she would qbring me my order.

In a few minutes she brought the groceries I ordered, including parsley, a salmon fillet, limes, tonic water, bagels, and several other items.

I drove home happy because I had salmon for tomorrow evening’s meal.

When I arrived home we made drinks and sat up in the corner of the garden and enjoyed the sunset.

We had ordered 4 lb. of zucchini from El Super last week and the picker picked two huge 2 lb. Zucchinis.  Suzette suggested stuffing them with a filling, which is similar to one of Paul Prudhomme’s recipes in Louisiana Kitchen.  Here is his recipe.  What Suzette did was to adapt Prudhomme’s recipe to the available PPIs we had.  We had about ½ cup of crab thermidor.

I chopped parsley, three cloves of garlic, one medium shallot, two Roma tomatoes and ½ of a canned Spanish pimiento chili.

Suzette thawed and chopped several shrimp and fetched some Jimmie Dean pork sausage and chopped several stalks of asparagus into small chunks.

She then sautéed the stuffing ingredients in a large skillet.

While the ingredients sautéed Suzette sliced the two large zucchini in half lengthwise and scooped out the seedy core and chopped the core and added it to the skillet.

When the ingredients were cooked, Suzette stuffed the four zucchinis halves with the stuffing and baked the zucchinis for about 45 minutes.

I fetched a bottle of Sagnol rose from the garage fridge and poured glasses.

The stuffed Zucchinis were wonderful and very light.  We loved the French rose with the seafood.   meats and vegetables.

Suzette finished the Sagnol Rose and I ate a bowl of vanilla ice cream with chocolate syrup and chocolate chip cookie before retiring to bed to read.

I was tired and lay down at 8:30.

Suzette soaked a bit in the hot tub and then followed me to bed.

This was an amazing dinner dish.  Suzette hit it out of the park.

Bon Appetit









No comments:

Post a Comment