Sunday, June 7, 2020

June 7, 2020 Brunch – a Tabouli Pita Sandwich. Dinner – Pork in Tomatillo Sauce Tacos with guacamole crema

June 7, 2020 Brunch – a Tabouli Pita Sandwich.  Dinner – Pork in Tomatillo Sauce Tacos with guacamole crema

This was an odd day of food. I awakened at 7:00.

At 8:00 I ate a bowl of granola, yogurt, and tropical fruit salad.

Then after Fareed Zacharia at 9:00 I rode 10 miles to Rio Bravo and back.  As I rode I sucked on three sugar pills, one after the other.  I took one when Left and then as soon as that dissolved took another.  There was some f the third left as I returned home.

The result was that I did not suffer any weakness and was able to function without rest when I returned home at 10:30.

I was hungry so Suzette heated a pita in the microwave. I cut it in half and wedged and cut each pocket open with a knife and filled the ½ full of tabouli and ate it.

I am staying out of the kitchen this morning while Suzette makes toasted pecans and walnuts and bakes Strawberry/Rhubarb bread to sell in the new Farm Stand she will open this week at the Center for Ageless Living.

I worked until 2:00 when we had our weekly Zoom family get together with Rebecca, Mickey, Luke, Billy, and Elaine.  Willy went camping with friends today.

Having survived the ride in good shape was the biggest thrill of the day.

At 3:15 when the Zoom meeting ended Suzette was hungry so we decided to make an early dinner.  Suzette fetched the bowl of Pork stewed in Tomatillo sauce and the five ears of corn from the garage fridge.  She chopped and heated some of the pork in the microwave and shucked and boiled the corn in a large pot of water while I made

guacamole salsa

 I mixed in a bowl

1 large avocado

2 oz. of minced onion

1 clove of minced garlic

Juice of ½ lime

2 T. of sour cream

4 drops of Cholula hot sauce

A pinch of salt

Suzette heated five corn tortillas in the microwave in a wet paper towel to soften and heat them.

I chopped four Romaine lettuce leaves and ¼ bunch of cilantro for the garnish.

Suzette spread crema on each tortilla and then the chopped pork.

I then garnished the meat with chopped lettuce and cilantro.

Suzette added an ear of corn to each plate. We opened two Jalisco Estrella beers and carried our dinners to the garden.




I loved the tacos and ate 2½.  I loved the fresh corn even better.  It was the first corn of the summer and Suzette had put pads of butter on it , so it was buttery and sweet.

After we ate we took a Sunday afternoon nap until 5:30 when Suzette returned to the kitchen to finish making mint jelly and maraschino cherries and I returned to my desk to work on the brief.

Bon Appetit



No comments:

Post a Comment