Friday, June 26, 2020

June 25, 2020 Lunch – Pork Tenderloin Salad Dinner – PPI Tarragon Lemon Baked Chicken Thigh with Sweet Potatoes and Asparagus

June 25, 2020 Lunch – Pork Tenderloin Salad   Dinner – PPI Tarragon Lemon Baked Chicken Thigh with Sweet Potatoes and Asparagus

I had worked  on the brief from 12:30 until 4:30 this morning, so slept until 7:30.  I toasted two slices of the awful doughy Smith’s bagel, spread them with cream cheese and garnished them with slices of red onion. On the larger slice I laid slices of Gravad Lax and on the smaller slice I placed bits of whitefish.

I drank a cup of chai with breakfast.


I worked until 12:30 then made a salad containing lettuce, arugula from the garden, ¼ cucumber peeled, Iberico cheese, Moroccan Black olives, a Roma tomato diced, and 2 oz. of PPI Pork Tenderloin. I refreshed the dressing with lemon juice and Spanish olive oil. And dressed the salad.


I then hosted a Zoom meeting of the book club reviewing The Spy and the Traitor by MacIntyre.  It received high marks.

I then worked from 4:15 until 6:30 when Suzette re-heated the PPI Roasted Chicken, Sweet Potatoes, and Steamed the last 12 stalks of Asparagus.

Since I knew we planned to eat the chicken in the afternoon I had chilled a bottle of 2018 Gruner Vitlander from Trader Joe’s.  It is about $6.00 and a usually reliable wine but this bottle had the tell tale sign of secondary fermentation, it produced a cloud of bubbles.  They soon cleared and the slight flatness of the wine did not bother me, although neither Suzette or I took a second glass.  I poured large glass fulls and we added lots of ice and took our glasses outside with our plates of food outside to eat in the garden.  The flies were really bad and it was warm tonight so not long after we finished we returned to the house so we could watched Midsomer Murders on PBS from 8:00 until 9:30.

A pepper plant in our garden
                                         
                                                                Dinner at sunset

I drank a small glass of cognac mixed with Grand Marnier and a chocolate chip cookie and then ate a piece of fruit cake with a cup of chai.  Suzette ate blueberry cobbler and vanilla ice cream for dessert.

We both went to bed after the show ended at 9:30.

I awakened at 1:30 to finish this blog and drink a glass of water.

Bon Appetit




No comments:

Post a Comment