Wednesday, June 17, 2020

June 17, 2020 Lunch – Sashimi and Japanese Vegetable Pickles. Dinner – Garlic Eggplant, Asparagus Onion, and Red Bell Pepper with Lamb Chops and Rice

June 17, 2020 Lunch – Sashimi and Japanese Vegetable Pickles. Dinner – Garlic Eggplant, Asparagus Onion, and Red Bell Pepper with Lamb Chops and Rice

I awakened at 7:00 and ate a bowl of granola with yogurt and tropical fruit salad and watched the Market open. This was one of those days when the market had no direction until it sagged to a 170 point loss at the close. Mi luckily made a small gain, but tomorrow will probably be a brutal selling session following its late downward movement today.

Then I rode 6 miles to Campbell Rd. With the aid of three sugar pills and back at a very slow pace. Mi find that for me grinding out a bike ride actually builds my muscular strength as long as I do not push my body into the red zone.

I showered and dressed and worked until noon, when I ate the
PPI raw salmon, tuna, and scallops with pickled ginger, wasabi mixed with soy, pickled vegetables and a bowl of sushi rice.

I worked until 4:00 and then read Grant until Suzette arrived at 5:00 and a bit later.

We decided to cook the eggplant that was starting to go bad but first I placed an order with Instacart for 23 items from El Super. We order mostly produce from El Super, like green onions, red grapes, eggplants, cilantro, yellow, red grapes, pineapple, apples, limes, mangos, papaya, oranges, carrots, zucchini, and avocados.

After I placed the order I peeled the eggplant and cut it into strips and Suzette chopped ½ of a red bell pepper and about eight or nine asparagus and four cloves of garlic and made the seasoning sauce for Garlic Eggplant.  Here is the recipe.

She fried the eggplant and then stir fried the other ingredients and added the eggplant back and then the sauce.  I wanted sushi rice with my dinner so I placed a pile of it on my plate and Suzette heated it in the microwave after heating the 4 remaining PPI grilled lamb chops.

We wanted a light red wine, so I went to the garage fridge and found a bottle of French Tavel, which paired perfectly with the lamb chops and stir fried vegetables.

We took our glasses of wine to the garden and enjoyed dinner in the cool evening air around 7:30.  I loved the slightly sweet eggplant dish with all the extra asparagus, red onion, and red bell pepper and the lamb chops were still tender and pink in the middle, an amazing.

Suzette went to bed around 9:30 after the delivery of our groceries.

I stayed up to blog for a little longer and take the fruits to the garage.

Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment