Tuesday, June 23, 2020

June 23, 2020 Lunch – 2000 Vietnam No. 21, Dinner – Chicken and Black Bean Open faced Tacos.

June 23, 2020 Lunch – 2000 Vietnam No. 21,  Dinner – Chicken and Black Bean Open faced Tacos.

I ate tropical Fruit Salad, yogurt, and granola for breakfast as I watched the Market surge up further today.  The Dow ended up 131 points and my portfolio was up over ½ %.  God Bless Apple.

At 8:00 I rode seven miles south without a sugar pill, so I appear to be gaining strength.

When I returned I worked until 1:00 and then ordered a No. 21 from 2000 Vietnam, so I would not need to cook lunch.

I dropped off books and picked up next month’s book club selection at the library and then drove to 2000 Vietnam to pick up lunch.

I arrived home at 1:45 and watched the Market close as I ate lunch.




Then I worked until 5:15 on my brief when Suzette arrived.

I hope to finish by tomorrow.

We watched the news for a bit and Suzette ate the bit of lunch I did not eat.  But she had not eaten any lunch, so she was ready to cook dinner.   Suzette brought home a bag of corn chips so I made guacamole with the two large ripe avocados, 1/3 cup of diced onion, two cloves of garlic, ¼ cup chopped cilantro, juice of ½ lime, five drops of Cholula hot sauce and 1/2 tsp. of salt.


Suzette chop onion and garlic and I deboned and chopped one thigh that we had boiled yesterday.p and some lettuce.

Suzette opened a can of black beans and drained them in a colander.

She then sautéed the black beans and onion and garlic and added a chopped up Hoja Santa leaf.  She then added the chicken and steamed five corn tortillas wrapped in a wet paper towel in the microwave and fetched two Negra Modelos from the garage and in just a few minutes after we organized the ingredients our dinner was ready.



The finished taco filling

I lay  three tortillas on my plate.  Suzette lay two tortillas on her plate.  We then spooned chicken and black bean mixture onto the tortillas and garnished them with chopped lettuce and guacamole.

We watched Rachel and a Toni Morrison American Experience.  Suzette taught me how to set up a Zoom meeting and I invited my book club to the meeting for Thursday afternoon.

We watched Trevor Noah at 9:00 and then suzette went to bed and I blogged.

Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment