Wednesday, June 10, 2020

June 10, 2020 Lunch – Teriyaki Salmon Salad Dinner – New Recipe – Sautéed Chicken, Chard, Mushrooms, Garlic, Shallot, Tomato, and Aromatic Herbs in a light white wine cream sauce and Corn Pudding

June 10, 2020 Lunch – Teriyaki Salmon Salad  Dinner – New Recipe – Sautéed Chicken, Chard, Mushrooms, Garlic, Shallot, Tomato, and Aromatic Herbs in a light white wine cream sauce and Corn Pudding

Another day in food and stock market heaven.

I started the day eating a bowl of tropical fruit salad, granola and yogurt.

I worked until 12:30 and then made a lovely semi-Caesar salad with the
PPI piece of Teriyaki Salmon, ½ tomato cubed, 1/3 cucumber peeled, seeded and diced, a handful of pita chips instead of croutons, slices of aged Manchego and three kinds of lettuces, Romaine, micro greens, and a lovely selection of lettuces from Suzette’s garden at the Center for Ageless Living. I refreshed the Caesar dressing with three or four egg yolks, two sprigs of tarragon, a sliced clove of garlic, and some olive oil.  The dressing was super creamy and enriched by the egg yolks.




I ate in the garden with two water Lillies and five red roses in view.

I then worked until 3:30 when I ran out of gas and had to lie down for a nap.  I was awakened from my nap by a call.  I talked for a long time with Bill Turner about all the things we are working on and then got up around 5:00.  Very soon thereafter Gloria and Gustavo arrived and we completed their corporate paperwork by about 6:30.  When I got to the kitchen Suzette had already started making the corn custard with the Cup of corn kernels from the three ears of corn we cooked last week.

Here is her recipe for the corn pudding.

We had a long discussion about what to do with the PPI chicken.  I looked at recipes, but we finally decided to create our own recipe.

  Chicken Sauté

We wanted to utilize mushrooms, tomato, shallot, and cook the chicken with tarragon and garlic, so
that is what we did.  I cut ½ chicken breast into attractive slightly elongated pieces. Them I minced a shallot and two cloves of fresh garlic from our garden.  I then went to the garden and picked three or four sprigs of tarragon and four chives.  I fetched few stalks of Italian parsley from the fridge and chopped all the herbs.

I then cut the stems of a handful of Beech mushrooms and four white mushrooms Suzette selected and cleaned and sliced them.

Suzette went to the garden and collected a handful of Chard and de-stemmed and tore the leaves into bite sized pieces.

She then began sautéing the shallot and garlic. In a couple of minutes Suzette then added the mushrooms and we found the bottle of white vermouth and Suzette added the tomato and salt and pepper and Vermouth and cream and finally the Chard, tarragon, and chives.


I opened the bottle of De Ponte Melon de Bourgogne, which has become one of my favorite white wines, and poured glasses.





Suzette then put the ramekin of corn custard on a pasta dish and filled one side of the bowl with chicken sauté.




We took our glasses and bowl out to the garden table and ate a wonderful dinner.

Both dishes were great.  We turned our ramekins over to unfold the custard and I cut wedges and coated them with the light cream sauce of the chicken sauté with its strong tarragon and garlic flavor.

The wine was wonderful also.  I could not be more proud of us for creating a truly inspired French style meal with a truly French style wine.

Bon Appetit



No comments:

Post a Comment