Sunday, June 28, 2020

June 28, 2020 Lunch – Fish Chowder. Dinner – Baba Ghanoush and Fish Chowder

June 28, 2020 Lunch – Fish Chowder.  Dinner – Baba Ghanoush and Fish Chowder

I awakened at 8:30 and ate granola, fruit, and yogurt and watched news until 10:00 when I rode five miles south and back.

I rested until Suzette return around 2:30.

We decided to make fish chowder.  Suzette found a bag of corn and two bags of frozen fish fillets in the freezer. She thawed the fish and diced it into bite sized pieces.

I finely diced two stalks of celery, two potatoes, and ¼ onion, which Suzette placed in an enamel casserole with the fish and corn with enough water to ½ cover the cubes of fish and simmered those ingredients for about ½ hour. Then Suzette added milk an thyme complete the soup. We heated a Bosque Bakery baguette and served bowls of soup with bread and butter.  We drank water.



While Suzette was preparing the soup I cleaned and cut a medium eggplant in half and brushed olive oil onto the exposed flesh and baked the eggplant in a 400 degree oven for 30 minutes.

After lunch we zoomed for an hour with Billy, Elaine, ?Mickie, and Rebecca and then at 4:00 I napped for two hours.

Baba Ghanoush

When I awakened at 6:00 I scooped the cooked eggplant flesh into the Cuisinart and puréed it.  Then I added to the eggplant 2 T. of yogurt, 2 cloves of garlic pressed, ¼ Tsp.of salt, 1 ½ T. of tahini, and 2 T. of lemon juice and mixed the ingredients together.

I emptied the mixture into a bowl and garnished it with a diced Roma  tomato, about seven sprigs of Italian parsley chopped, and a T. of olive oil.


I toasted two pitas on the open flame on the stove.

We ate a few bites by spreading the Baba Ghanoush on pita.  The Baba ghanoush was so dense we could not eat more.

At 9:00 I heated another bowl f fish chowder and toasted a slice of bagel and spread cream cheese on it and enjoyed the soup again for dinner.

We watched Grantchester and Beecham House and went to bed.

Bon Appetit








No comments:

Post a Comment