Monday, October 7, 2019

October 6, 2019 Brunch – Eggs and Enchiladas and Carne Adovado. Dinner – French Onion Soup

October 6, 2019 Brunch – Eggs and Enchiladas and Carne Adovado. Dinner – French Onion Soup

This was a day of rest.  I watched the news shows.

Then we made brunch by heating the PPI Enchiladas m carne adovado, red Chile, and Posole from our lunch at the Shed yesterday and added three eggs and covered the skillet until the steam cooked the eggs in a couple of minutes.

I drank camomile tea and Suzette drank water.


Suzette then made goat cheese and worked in the garage and I rode south ten miles to Rio Bravo and back, which for some reason made me tired.

I showered and dressed and we met Willy and Julia and Gene at the Candy store to talk about their plans and the lease and things that need to be done.

Willy has just finished playing soccer so after the meeting he went to eat.  We returned home and I lay down and watched the Cowboys lose to Green Bay after removing a package of pork tenders from the freezer.

At 4:00 I made a snack of the last two slices of Port Sakplud on crackers and drank the last of the Barbera de Assisi and Suzette made popcorn.

Suzette did not want to cook tonight so at 6:00 we decided to heat the PPI French Onion Soup.  She fetched it from the garage and we heated the casserole on the stove.  I sliced slices of Jarlsberg cheese and pieces of Ciabatta bread and fetched the two brown French Soup crocks.  Suzette filled them and I lay the slices of bread and then cheese on top of the hot soup and we toasted the cheese in the oven. I poured out the rest of the 2015 Chateau Roudiers Montaigne-St. Emillon Controlle and we ate a lovely light dinner as we watched The Durrell’s in Corfu.


We then watched Poldark and the last of the Kansas City v. Indianapolis game and went to bed by 10:00.

Bon Appetit


No comments:

Post a Comment