Wednesday, October 2, 2019

October 1, 2019 Lunch – Teahouse. Dinner – Hotdog at Costco

I ate granola, milk, yogurt and blueberries for breakfast.

Patty, Steve, Bill, and Sally picked me up at 9:00 and we drove to Santa Fe for a hearing at 10:30.  It lasted until noon and luckily I won the hearing.

Bill suggested we eat lunch at the Teahouse at the corner of Canyon Rd. and Palace.

I had never eaten there so I was intrigued. There is both indoor and al fresco dining.  We took a table outside.  The weather has been lovely lately,  cool and clear with lots of puffy clouds.

I ordered an Italian meatloaf plate, a rectangle of meatloaf on a rectangle of polenta garnished with a light marinara sauce  served with a green salad.


I liked the meatloaf because it seemed to be dotted with bits of mushroom and the soft baked polenta was delicious also.

Bill and Patty ordered BLTs.  Patty really liked her BLT because of the toasted thin whole wheat bread, which appeared to have be house made, and super crisp bacon.

                                                       Patty eating her BLT sandwich
Sally ordered a chicken quinoa salad and Steve did not eat.

                                                        Sally’s Quinoa Salad
1
After we finished our entrees, Sally ordered a dessert of almond  shortbread garnished with lots of slices of fresh peaches and whipped cream, which we shared, although I passed on dessert.

I liked my dish and the menu, with its daily specials, and the casual dining atmosphere of the Teahouse and would go back.


After lunch we drove back to Albuquerque.  I was tired from lack of sleep last night as I got ready for  this morning’s hearing, so I went to the bank and worked at my desk until Suzette called and said she was going to Costco and Shamrock, so I went with her on her weekly shopping run.  When we arrived at Costco I went to the food court and ordered a hot dog and enjoyed it while she shopped.  I have a special way of garnishing and eating the $1.50 hot dog at Costco.  I open the bun to expose the bun and then cover half of the bun with a line of onions and relish on each side of the hot dog and deli mustard and catsup on the hot dog.  Then I cut the hot dog in half lengthwise to create two open faced sandwiches.  Today I removed the exposed one-half of each bun not covered with relish to reduce the carbs.  I drank lemonade.  When I finished eating, Suzette was checking out so I joined her as she checked out to push the cart.  After loading the groceries into the car we drove to Shamrock.  I stayed in the car and read the New Yorker article on Allen Dershowitz while she shopped, but became engrossed by the beautiful sunset on the Sandias, so got out of the car and took a picture of them bathed in the golden pink light of the sunset.  Is this pinkish glow what prompted the Spanish Conquistadors to name this small mountain range, Sandia or Watermelon.


We got home in time to see a bit of a Rachel Maddow and most of the new episode of the Durrells in Corfu that we saw bits of Sunday night while we had cooked.

Suzette made a melted cheese sandwich with the last of the Port Salud cheese and I toasted a piece of Fullkorns bread and buttered it and lay thin slices of red onion and Jarlsberg cheese on it and melted it in the microwave for 30 seconds to warm it and melt the cheese and cook the onion.  We shared the rest of the PPI bottle of Los Alamos Chilean Malbec I had opened for Willy several days ago, which had gotten smoother and more drinkable, we agreed.

Suzette went to bed at 9:00 and I at 10:00 after a bit more news.

The increased pace of activity triggered by Nancy Pelosi’s announcement that the House has initiated an impeachment inquiry of Trump has put the news channels into overdrive with bits and pieces of new information coming from all directions.

Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment