Friday, October 25, 2019

October 25, 2019 Lunch – A Bacon,Lettuce, cheese, and egg sandwich with dill pickles and green onions. Dinner - Butternut Squash Pasta with Scampi, onions, and Sweet Potatoes

October 25, 2019 Lunch – A Bacon,Lettuce, cheese, and egg sandwich with dill pickles and green onions. Dinner - Butternut Squash Pasta with Scampi, onions, and Sweet Potatoes

What a pleasant, relaxing day.  The men had our book club meeting in   the morning while the women went shopping.  The train arrived a bit after12:30.  Six of us took the train back to Albuquerque.

Suzette was hungry when we boarded the train so we took our food bag to the observation car where there were tables.  I had made two Bacon, Lettuce, cheese, and egg sandwiches and packed dill pickles and green onions onThursday before we left and filled the thermos with a bottle of Emma Riechart German rose.



We laid out these items and enjoyed a pleasant picnic lunch as we watched the countryside fly past.

The train made up for the twenty minutes it lost before arriving at Las Vegas between Lamy and Albuquerque.

Suzette ordered an Uber to drive us home.  Suzette went to building while I put the E’Cole Chenin Blanc and then rested and prepared my gross receipts taxes. When I left to deliver the envelope to the post office, suzette arrived at 4:50.

When I returned from the post office, we rested and watched the news.  I also checked my portfolio and was up for the two days.  I am almost up 10% for the two years.

At 7:00 Suzette began cooking.  She boiled the carton of butternut squash spaghetti.  I minced about 3 T. of red onion, five small scallions, and ¼ cup of parsley, while Suzette thawed the shrimp I had removed from the freezer at 4:00.

She also roughly diced the two sweet potatoes we had baked earlier in the week and ½ bunch of thin asparagus.

Suzette then sautéed the vegetables and then added the shrimp and cooked them a minute of two on each side to cook them to pink from grey.

Suzette then plated our plates with a couple of scoops of squash spaghetti, then added the shrimp scampi sauté, and finally garnished the dish with chopped parsley.





I poured glasses of the Chenin Blanc.  It did not have the fresh fruity flavor of most Loire Valley Chenin Blancs. Instead it expressed a heavy slightly bitter finish. I added several cubes of ice to each glass to dilute that after bite, but neither Suzette nor I liked the wine.

We watched the Astros win game three of the World Series dozing off during parts of it.

After dinner we each ate several squares of milk chocolate with almonds.  I sipped a bit of grappa de Brunello to help settle my stomach, also.

Bon Appetit


No comments:

Post a Comment