Tuesday, October 29, 2019

October 29, 2019 Lunch – PPI Vietnamese Miso Noodle Soup. Dinner – Spaghetti and Meat and Mushroom Sauce

October 29, 2019 Lunch – PPI Vietnamese Miso Noodle Soup. Dinner – Spaghetti and Meat and Mushroom Sauce

I did not eat breakfast so I ate an early lunch around 10:45.  I heated the PPI Vietnamese Miso Noodle Soup I made yesterday and added a couple more leaves of Napa cabbage and two more mushrooms sliced plus garnish of three green onions sliced.  I also added the PPI Eggplant sauce from last night with its combination of oyster sauce, rice vinegar, soy sauce and corn starch.  The soup was equally delicious today.


I thawed a 2 lb. loaf of ground beef and a 32 oz. container of PPI spaghetti sauce and drank a cup of green tea after lunch and then worked on my water case until 4:30, when I went to the bank and then Lowe’s where I bought two 24 oz. cans of Hunt’s spaghetti sauce.  

Spaghetti Sauce

When I returned a bit after 5:00 Suzette was home.  I started preparing a batch of spaghetti sauce.  My spaghetti sauce is decidedly Texas style with lots of ground beef.  It varies from time to time but the ingredients are usually the same: ground beef (2 lb.), two medium onions diced, seven or eight mushrooms sliced, two small heads of garlic finely minced, six vine ripe tomatoes diced, ¾ to 1 cup of fresh oregano minced, the 32 oz container of PPI Spaghetti sauce, and the two 24 oz. cans of Hunt’s spaghetti sauce plus about ½ cup of water.  We sautéed the ground beef in a large skillet until browned and we sautéed the vegetables in a large pot with olive oil.  The sauce was essentially ready when made but we cooked it an hour to integrate the flavors and fully cook all the ingredients.

Suzette made spaghetti and I grated Regiano-Romano cheese from Costco and a handful of parsley to garnish the dishes.

I fetched a bottle of Aquino Chianti Reserva and Suzette opened it and poured two glasses of it (Trader Joe’s $5.99).


Here is a picture of the sauce and the plated bowl of spaghetti.



After dinner Suzette made a recipe of banana nut bread.  Here is a picture of the baked loaves.


We ate a slice for dessert of warm banana nut bread at 10:00 and then went to bed, although I watched a PBS Frontline episode on California mega fires for a few minutes.

Bon Appetit


No comments:

Post a Comment