Thursday, October 31, 2019

October31, 2019 Lunch – PPI Pasta and Spaghetti Sauce. Dinner –PPI Boeuf Bourguignon and Mashed Potatoes and fresh Caprese Salad

October31, 2019 Lunch – PPI Pasta and Spaghetti Sauce. Dinner –PPI  Boeuf Bourguignon and Mashed Potatoes and fresh Caprese Salad

A day of PPIs.  I worked from 8:00 until 1:40; first a meeting with a client and then a pleading, without any breakfast.

Then I heated the PPI spaghetti and some of the PPI spaghetti sauce and drank the last glass of Chianti and gave Loyda some green chili chicken enchiladas with avocado crema and she joined me for lunch.

At 4:00 I drove to the bank and then Lowe’s to buy another head of red leaf lettuce.

I returned home to find the Dow had dropped 140 points and the other averages with it.  But when I checked my portfolio it was up a bit thanks to positive earnings by Facebook, which seemed to carry Apple higher also.  Since that was not enough to make things positive and there were lots of losers I checked all my portfolios and found that Temperpedic gained $9.09 per share, which made the difference.  This market during this earnings season is like a mine field.  On any given day there can be huge changes based upon earnings reports.  I have been lucky so far.

I made melon wrapped with prosciutto at 5:00 and ate a few, but stopped when I had an awful urge to go to the bathroom.  The melon had started to rot and I had cut the visibly bad part away but perhaps did not cut enough away.

We decided to eat the PPI Boeuf Bourguignon so we did not need to cook, so we could give out candy to trick or treaters, which we did from 6:00 to 7:30.

We always have a political question we ask the older children before giving them two pieces of candy.  This year the question was, “How many Presidents have been removed from office by impeachment?  It was a trick question because the answer is zero.  Several got it right, but many did not have a clue.  One young girl said, “ 15? “.

Toward 7:30 the crowd slowed down and I made a Caprese salad with slices of tomato, goat cheese, and red onion with a basil leaf while Suzette gave out the last of the three bags of candy.

After 7:30 Suzette made a balsamic and olive oil dressing for the Caprese and heated the Boeuf Bourguignon and mashed potatoes while I poured glasses of 2012 Origen Spanish red wine from Alta Terra at the Southern end of Catalan.





We shared the last six or seven pieces of Halloween candy after dinner for our Halloween dessert.  Suzette ate hers with a cognac.  I ate mine with the last sips of red wine.

We watched the news and a British mystery and at 9:30 a new season of Endeavour began with Inspector Morse, which we live, so we went to bed happy and perplexed by all of the plot twists at 11:00.

Today the House voted to commence impeachment hearings in public.  This is going to be interesting, sad, but interesting.

Let’s hope there is unity around the facts. The President is giving campaign money to Republicans to solidify the vote against impeachment.  I wonder if he says, “I will give you money, but I need a favor, though.”  He seems to like guid pro quo’s.

Bon Appetit




No comments:

Post a Comment