Tuesday, October 29, 2019

October 28, 2019 Lunch – Vietnamese Miso Noodle Soup with Smoked Pork. Dinner – Garlic Eggplant with duck and Stir Fried Mixed Vegetables and Rice

October 28, 2019 Lunch – Vietnamese Miso Noodle Soup with Smoked Pork. Dinner – Garlic Eggplant with duck and Stir Fried Mixed Vegetables and Rice

I ate granola, milk, yogurt, and Tropical Fruit Salad for breakfast.

At 11:30 I made my favorite cold weather lunch, Vietnamese Miso Noodle Soup with Smoked Pork.  There was a smoked Pork chop in the fridge, which I diced and added to my elaborate noodle soup.  I filled a sauce pan 2/3 full with water.  Then I added a Pho seasoning cube, seaweed, a shallot sliced, two mushrooms thinly sliced, four kinds of noodles (bean thread, wheat, rice stick and Japanese buckwheat soba).

Finally I added the pork, about four oz. of diced medium tofu, a heaping T. of red miso, four leaves of Napa cabbage diced, four PPI asparagus stalks diced, 1 tsp. of sesame oil, and 1 T. of Chinese cooking wine.  I garnished the soup with sliced scallions and fresh cilantro and seasoned bowls of it with hoisin and sriracha. I add water as I remove soup because the noodles keep expanding as they cook, so there is enough left for another meal.




After lunch I watched the Market set a new high for the S and P. My portfolio also set a new high thanks in some measure to a strong earnings report for A T & T and advances in the tech stocks.

At 3:00 I rode the short circle of 4 miles, which is enough to feel a difference.

I drank a hot buttered rum when I returned and went to the bank at 4:45.

Suzette arrived at around 5:15.  I suggested garlic Eggplant with duck because we had those two
ingredients..

Garlic Eggplant is Suzette’s favorite Chinese dish and the addition of duck can only improve it.

Here is the recipe from Mastering the Art of Chinese Cooking:




Instead of chili oil, I chopped about 2 T. of fresh pasilla chili to add to the dish.

Suzette decided to stir fry the PPI Stir Fried Fried Tofu and Mixed Vegetables from my lunch at East Ocean last week for a rice and vegetable dish with a light Chicken stock Mandarin sauce to complement the dark soy and oyster sauce driven sauce of the garlic eggplant dish.


We drank beers with dinner and were fully satisfied., although I did eat a few chocolate covered almonds.with a cup of Earl Grey tea.

We went to bed at 9:00 and got a good night’s sleep.

Bon Appetit






No comments:

Post a Comment