Wednesday, October 23, 2019

October 23, 2019 Lunch – Deep Fried Tofu with Mixed Vegetables. Dinner – the best Sandwich ever, Crab Soufflé with bacon and lettuce, a BLC

October 23, 2019 Lunch – Deep Fried Tofu with Mixed Vegetables. Dinner – the best Sandwich ever,  Crab Soufflé with bacon and lettuce, a BLC

Today we invented the best sandwich we have ever had as our dinner tonight.  It was a little like a crab cake sandwich but much finer and with a different twist. I fried four pieces of bacon.  Suzette toasted slices of whole wheat bread.  I made a mayo, sour cream and avocado spread with a couple of T.of mayo and sour cream and 1/2 of a medium avocado, which we spread on the bread.  Suzette heated the PPI Crab Soufflé and we tore leaves of fresh red lettuce.  The combination of the three ingredients, bacon, lettuce, and crab Soufflé and avocado crema was amazing.  The tangy bacon contrasted with the rich creamy Soufflé to give the sandwich a more heightened flavor.

              I spread crema on both sides of the top piece of toast and ate it with a knife and fork

Suzette drank a glass of the PPI Blanc de Noir Gruet champagne and I created a new and very refreshing drink when she poured some champagne into my glass of fresh pressed apple juice.

I ate granola, milk, yogurt, and tropical fruit salad for breakfast.

I went to visit a client a bit before noon and then went to lunch at East Ocean.  I ordered my usual, Deep Fried Tofu with Mixed Vegetables.  It was as good as always except today there seemed to be more tofu and it was fresher and more tender.




When I got home I rested for a while and then I rode the short loop in about 40 minutes.

Suzette came home early and then went to the candy store to help fetch fixtures for the electricians.

I started the bacon at 5:00 and we ate around 6:30.

After dinner Suzette ate a heated slice of quince and apple tart with vanilla ice cream and declared tonight’s meal “a perfect meal.”

I ate a bowl of chocolate ice cream with whipped cream and chocolate syrup and a cup of chai and a snifter of cognac mixed with Grande Marnier, later.

This dinner was a great example of how PPIs can be the basis for creating new and exciting dishes and beverages.

Bon Appetit


No comments:

Post a Comment