Monday, October 14, 2019

October 14, 2019 Lunch – Caesar Salad. Dinner – Green Pork Mole

October 14, 2019 Lunch – Caesar Salad. Dinner – Green Pork Mole

This was a day to clean up my diet.  I ate granola, milk, tropical fruit salad, sliced banana, and yogurt for breakfast.

Today was a milepost in my recovery.  I walked a mile at a steady pace without and stop or pan.

For lunch I made a large Caesar Salad with the last of the Romaine, some spinach, croutons, a small tomato, a radish sliced, and lots of fresh mozzarella and dressed the salad with the excellent fresh Caesar salad dressing I made recently.



I rested after lunch.

We invited Macon for dinner to eat some more of the green mole.

We did not need to prepare anything.  Suzette added some water to loosen it a bit and heated the PPI green mole and rice. I had cleaned a colander full of fresh spinach leaves and we replicated the green mole and rice and spinach we have fixed several times in the last week.



The good news is that we had eaten enough of it that Suzette was finally able to store the remaining green mole in a plastic container in the fridge

We fixed drinks at the beginning of the evening and Macon drank her vodka tonic with her meal while Suzette and I drank Negra Modelos.

After dinner we amazed Macon when Suzette served her a perfect crème caramel or flan.  Suzette and I shared a crème caramel also.



Macon has been traveling extensively. She recently visited LA also.

It was fun to hear about her travels.

We watched the last half of the Antiques Roadshow and then Macon said goodnight.  We watched the news and Green Bay beat Detroit and then went to bed.

Bon Appetit




No comments:

Post a Comment