Wednesday, July 1, 2020

June 30, 2020 Lunch – PPI Pork Enchiladas with Tomatillo sauce, Black Beans, and sautéed Zucchini. Dinner – PPI Fish and Shrimp Chowder

June 30, 2020 Lunch – PPI Pork Enchiladas with Tomatillo sauce, Black Beans, and sautéed Zucchini. Dinner – PPI Fish and Shrimp Chowder

This was a day of elegant leftovers.

I worked on my brief until lunch. I decided to re-heat the PPI pork enchiladas from yesterday and sauté a sliced small zucchini in olive oil with a squeeze of lemon juice since there was a partially squeezed lemon lying on the cutting board.

I quartered and then sliced the zucchini to create quarter round slices.  Then I blanched the zucchini slices in a bowl with a bit of water covered with Saran in the microwave for 2:34 minutes.  Then I sautéed the blanched zucchini slices in a skillet with olive oil and a chopped clove of garlic.

As the zucchini cooked I re-heated the enchiladas and black beans in the microwave.

When the enchiladas were bubbling I dumped the sautéed zucchini onto the plate with the enchiladas and ate a wonderfully flavorful lunch.




Suzette said we should eat the PPI fish chowder for dinner, I I did not prep or thaw anything.

I worked until Suzette arrived at 5:15.  We watched the news and when Discovering Your Roots started at 7:00 we heated the chowder.

Suzette also toasted several slices of baguette.  We broke the bread into the soup rather like oyster crackers.

As Suzette said, “The chowder is better today.
We opened a bottle of 2018 Chateau La Freynelle, a Bordeaux blend of Semillon, Sauvignon Blanc, and Muscadelle grapes. It had a slightly less acid than most other white wines and in my opinion has a soft slightly sweet flavor. It is very drinkable with or without food.



I finished editing the brief at 9:15 and blogged a bit and went to bed.

Suzette reopens the Greenhouse Bistro for take out and outdoor picnicking tomorrow, so she went to bed early after a very early start today before 7:00.

Bon Appetit



No comments:

Post a Comment