Saturday, July 25, 2020

July 25, 2020 Brunch – Sautéed Smoked Pork chop with Cottage Fried Potatoes, Eggs, and Toast. Snack – Grilled Artichokes. Dinner – Poached Salmon with Mornay Sauce, Rice, and Salad

July 25, 2020 Brunch – Sautéed Smoked Pork chop with Cottage Fried Potatoes, Eggs, and Toast. Snack – Grilled Artichokes.  Dinner – Poached Salmon with Mornay Sauce, Rice, and Salad

We did a lot of bending today.  We started by working in the garden for several hours.

Then Suzette made us brunch.  She sautéed a smoked
Pork chop and chopped up a potato and cooked in the microwave with a bit of water abound then sautéed the potato cubes in the skillet with the pork chop.  When the potatoes and pork chop were cooked , Suzette Fried four eggs in the skillet over easy. And plated our plates.



I made a cup of manzanilla tea and we ate a lovely brunch.

We rested after brunch until about 2:00, when I made an artichoke dipping sauce with 2/3 cup of mayo, some olive oil, some sour cream, some finely minced fresh dill from our garden, and some lemon juice.


I then ate 1 ¼ grilled artichoke half.  After my snack Suzette wanted to do something fun and I suggested bocce.  So we made mojitos and took them to the court and played Bocce for about ½+hour.  It was the hottest part of the day and we called the match before we reached 11.

I then started peeling lemons for lemincello.



I peeled 7 lemons by 6:00 and decided to make dinner.  We had thawed two salmon fillets.  Suzette has picked arugula and kale in the garden in the morning for a salad. Suzette filled bowls with salad greens, arugula, and kale and I diced a tomato and some cucumber.  Suzette peeled and sliced a hard boiled egg and I freshened the dressing with lemon juice and olive oil and dressed the salads.

I minced ½ shallot and three small cloves of garlic and some Italian parsley and Suzette sautéed those ingredients in a deep skillet with butter and a handful of Chard I had picked in the garden in the morning. Then she added white wine and water to make a poaching medium and poached the salmon fillets.  When the salmon was cooked Suzette removed the fillets from the skillet and we whisked in the PPI mornay sauce into the poaching medium.  It created a smooth creamy sauce.  I heated the container of PPI rice and Suzette put several spoonfuls on my plate and then lay the salmon on the rice and then poured the marinated sauce over the salmon.  Suzette ate her salmon without rice.






Suzette poured glasses of Belles Vignes French Sauvignon Blanc and we ate a great dinner.

I love salmon with a garlic cheese sauce.  It reminds me of a meal we ate in the French Quarter in Paris many years ago.  They served a garlic cream sauce on salmon for the main course like we did tonight.

I loved the fresh salad also.  It was a perfect meal for me.

After dinner at 7:00 we made chocolate chip cookies with raisins and toasted pecans that finished baking by 7:50 just in time for us to see our favorite Saturday night shows on PBS, Father Brown and Death in Paradise.

Suzette ate three cookies, but I was so satisfied with dinner that I lacked any craving for a dessert.

We went to bed at 10:00.

Bon Appetit


After dinner

No comments:

Post a Comment