Tuesday, July 21, 2020

July 21, 2020 Lunch – Chicken Salad Salad. Dinner – Shrimp and Scallops in Lobster Sauce and Rice

July 21, 2020 Lunch – Chicken Salad Salad. Dinner – Shrimp and Scallops in Lobster Sauce and Rice

Another day of not eating breakfast.

So at 11:30 I made a large bowl of salad with cubed Armenian cucumber, ½ of a tomato diced, about 2/3 of a head of Romaine and a small handful of thinly sliced red onion plus the last cup of the chicken salad we made last Saturday.  I reinvigorated the dressing with the juice of ½ lemon and some Spanish olive oil.

I also sliced and toasted two then slices of French baguette  and lay slices of Manchego cheese on them and heated them in the microwave for 15 seconds to melt the cheese.


I drank water with the salad, but after lunch made a Vietnamese iced coffee with about ½ cup of PPI coffee plus a heaping T. of Parrot Brand condensed milk.  I dissolved the condensed milk in a tall glass into the coffee and then added ice to fill the glass.

I watched parts of two PL soccer matches today.  The most exciting one featured Arsenal v. Aston Villa.  Aston Villa has t win to avoid being relegated or booted out of the Premier League and they did win by a score of 1 to 0.

I lay down for a while after the game and tried to read Speak Memory by Nabokov, which has been really hard going.

I decided to make scallops and Shrimp in Lobster sauce

I started by thawing six shrimp and five scallops.

I then fetched the chicken stock Suzette made from the bones left from the roasted chicken and heated 2 cups of broth and when it reaches the boiling point I added 1 cup of rice and reduced the heat to simmer it for ½ hour.

Shrimp in Lobster sauce. This is a complicated two part recipe.

I first thawed out six large shrimp and five scallops. I sliced the shrimp in half and sliced the scallops into three or four flat slices and  added1 T. of cornstarch and 1 T. of Chinese Cooking wine to marinate the seafood.

Then i sliced three green onions into ½ inch sections and added 1 T. each of Chinese Cooking Wine and soy.  In a separate bowl I mixed 1 T. of cornstarch with 1 ½ T. of cornstarch.  In another bowl I broke and stirred 3 eggs.












When the rice finished cooking I chopped a clove of garlic and ½ lb. of Jimmie Dean Sausage and heated 1 ½ T. of peanut oil in my wok and added the sausage and garlic to the wok.  I then added the green onion, soy, and Chinese Cooking wine and cooked those ingredients until the pork lost its pink color.  I then added the corn starch and then the seafood.

Finally I added the egg.  The recipe says to serve immediately but a let the egg cook until it coagulated somewhat because Suzette had fallen asleep and I was unable to awaken her.  I made a cup of green tea and enjoyed a lovely dinner.

After dinner Suzette awakened and heated some rice and seafood in Lobster sauce.

After dinner I ate a bowl of vanilla ice cream with chocolate sauce and  
Kahlua.  This like a White Russian ice cream sundae.


Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment