Tuesday, July 14, 2020

July 14, 2020 Lunch – Salmon, Aji Tuna, and Scallop Sashimi Dinner – PPI Baked Penne with Artichoke Hearts and Italian Sausage and a salad

July 14, 2020 Lunch – Salmon, Aji Tuna, and Scallop Sashimi  Dinner – PPI Baked Penne with Artichoke Hearts and Italian Sausage and a salad

Every day is interesting in a different way.  Today the stock market was interesting.  In fact I think I had my best day ever with a record 2.25% rise in my portfolio’s value.  The market started by going down and I decided to replace some of the Google stock that had been sold on the stop sell, so I bought 50 shares of it.  Then the market turned around with the news that Moderna’s phase 1 trial showed significant antiviral protection.

Not only did Moderna stock start climbing, but all the other segments of the market took off and the Dow ended up 559 points with Moderna and Apple leading the way.

This market turn around was historic and probably not to be equaled, unless Moderna’s vaccine proves to be effective in immunizing against Covid 19, but it took my portfolio to an all time high.

I worked on several cases today and filled a pleading in one.

I ate my usual granola, yogurt, and fruit salad for breakfast and worked until 1:30.

I had thawed three scallops and kept a piece of raw Aji Tuna from last night’s dinner and thawed a piece of salmon, so I was ready to make Sashimi.  I sliced the seafood and filled a shallow dipping bowl with soy sauce and wasabi paste and heated some PPI turmeric rice from last night’s dinner and brewed a cup of green tea and fetched the jar of pickled ginger and bowl of Japanese pickled vegetables.  I only used ½ of the salmon and tuna, so I shall have another Sashimi lunch tomorrow.  Voila.


The Sashimi was so filling that I was not hungry for dinner until 8:00.

Before dinner I watched one of my favorite shows Discovering Your Roots with Henry Louis Gates.  Tonight he studied the roots of Michael Strahan, the football player, that went back to Charlemagne and several ancient kings of England.  Amazing

Suzette had sautéed the PPI Baked Penne with Artichoke Hearts and Italian Sausage and left ½ of it in the skillet for me. It was a truly wonderful dish. So I lay four additional artichoke hearts on top and heated the penne and fetched the PPI salad from the fridge and the perpetual dressing and dressed the salad and poured out the last glass of 2016 Benton Lane Rose and enjoyed a wonderful dinner.


Suzette had not slept well last night so she went to bed at 8:30 and I followed at 9:30 to blog and read while she slept.

Tomorrow I plan to go to Trader Joe’s at 8:00 and Total Wine at 9:00 to replenish our wine and spirits, so a big morning.

Bon Appetit


No comments:

Post a Comment