Tuesday, July 7, 2020

July 7, 2020 Lunch – Enchiladas and Eggs. Dinner – Tandoori Roasted Chicken with Asparagus Couscous and Caprese Salad.

July 7, 2020 Lunch – Enchiladas and Eggs. Dinner – Tandoori Roasted Chicken with Asparagus Couscous and Caprese Salad.

I woke up a bit before 9:00 and to work on a new case that had to be filed today without eating breakfast.  I showered at 10:00 and fixed lunch at 11:30.  I needed to eat something quick because I was weakening.  I decided the quickest thing to prepare was to fried two eggs over easy and place them on top of the re-heated PPI enchiladas from yesterday’s Lunch and added some chopped tomato and lettuce to add some color and vegetable garnish.  So in approximately 5 minutes I had a delicious and filling lunch.



I drank water today and by 12:30 I was back at work.  We finished filing all the documents at 5:05.

Suzette has arrived a bit before 5:00 and had a drink in the garden as I finished working.

Roast Tandoori Chicken

We had decided to roast a chicken.  I initially considered stuffing lemon slices, garlic slices and tarragon under the skin as I had last time after I picked the garlic and tarragon in the garden I was tired and decided to sprinkle Tandoori spice on the chicken instead.  I trussed the chicken on a spandex cooking rack and sprinkled the chicken with Tandoori and placed the spandex frame in the ceramic baking dish filled to 1/3 inch with water int a 400 degree oven for 15 minutes and then reduced the heat to 350 degrees.  We roasted the chicken for 1 ½ hours but it was a huge chicken and it was red in the joint when we cut into it so we microwaved the two thighs in the microwave to fully cook them.

Caprese Salad

We bought vine ripe tomatoes several days ago and Suzette bought loaves of sliced fresh mozzarella at Costco several days ago.  Suzette sliced one of the tomatoes and sliced slices of mozzarella and picked fresh basil leaves in the garden.  She lay slices of tomato, cheese, and basil leaves on each plate and drizzled the Caprese salad  with a quick dressing made by mixing balsamic vinegar with olive oil.

 Asparagus Couscous

 Suzette snapped and diced several stalks of asparagus and placed the diced asparagus in a baking dish with the remaining Couscous and covered it with Saran and heated it in the microwave.

Suzette then piled the Couscous and asparagus blend on a plate and added a chicken thigh beside the Caprese Salad for a good looking dinner.



I poured out the last of the Chateau Freyadelle Bordeaux blend of Sauvignon Blanc, Semillon, and Muscadelle grapes.

We ate a great dinner as we watched Rachel and a documentary examining Viking Women Warriors based upon a burial site.

We watched an episode of The English Game and then at 9:00 Suzette went to bed and I blogged this entry.

Bon Appetit


No comments:

Post a Comment