Thursday, July 30, 2020

July 30, 2020 Lunch – Sashimi. Dinner – Cedar Plank Grilled Teriyaki Salmon, boiled corn on the cob, and steamed Broccoli

Today I ate Salmon three ways.

Suzette and I walked a mile at 7:30.  When. Came home I toasted one of the mini whole wheat bagels I bought at Lowe’s last and spread cream cheese n it and then lay slices of Gravad Lax  and the thinly sliced red onion on it.  I drank a glass of cool water with it.

After breakfast I made teriyaki sauce by heating 1/3 cup each of soy, Mirin and sake plus 1 T. of sugar.  I sliced off a ½ pound piece of salmon and put the remaining 1 ½ lb. fillet.  I placed the remaining fillet in a gallon freezer bag and carefully poured the cooled teriyaki sauce into the bag.  I sealed the bag and lay it flat in the fridge to marinate.

Then I watched John Lewis’ funeral that lasted until 12:30. During the last thirty minutes while President Obama was speaking I sliced ½ lb. each of Aji Tuna and salmon and a Scallop. I filled dipping bowls with soy and wasabi and heated rice and filled two rice bowls and a bowl with pickled ginger.

 I Fetched the bowl of Japanese pickled vegetables and Suzette placed the plate of sliced fish on a Chinese metal tray filled with ice to keep it cool in the 90 degree mid-day heat.

We ate a hardy lunch iPod raw fish in the garden.

Then I showered and dressed and at 2:00 I zoomed with the book club for 1 ½ hours.

After book club I checked the Market and what appeared to be a rather ordinary day before 2:00 was turning into an extraordinary day as the after market prices of Apple, google, Facebook, Qualcomm, and Amazon shot up after they announced their results.  My portfolio holdings in my large tech heavy account reports on a real time basis and since I missed the 2:00 closing prices because of the book club meeting I was confronted by huge gains on an otherwise down day when the Dow dropped 226 points.

I lay down to rest but fell asleep until 5:00.

When I went into the TV room a bit after 5:00, Suzette had had a hard day and was resting.  I confirmed that we would grill salmon, boil ears of corn, and steam broccoli and then started prepping dinner.

I cut a foot long Cedar Plank from a longer plank and Suzette soaked it in water.  Then I cut a head of broccoli into flowerets and placed them in the steamer with water on the stove.  Then I fetched the 5 ears of corn I bought yesterday at Sprouts and shucked the husks from them.  Suzette fetched a large pot and filled it with water and started it boiling on the stove and  placed the corn in the pot.








Suzette then fetched the Cedar Plank and placed the teriyaki marinated salmon fillet on it and grilled it in the propane grill. This was the third way of eating salmon.

I heated a pitcher of sake and we poured small glasses of sake for dinner.

When everything was cooked Suzette plated each plate with an ear of corn, a piece of grilled salmon, and a small pile of steamed broccoli.

Here is a picture.


We watched Midsommer Mystery and ate dinner.

Then we each ate a chocolate chip cookie wit a sip of our new Decourtet cognac.

We went to bed at 9:30 after the Mystery ended.

Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment