Friday, July 17, 2020

July 16, 2020 Lunch – Steak Salad. Dinner – Vichyssoise and Foie Gras and Brie Sandwiches

July 16, 2020 Lunch – Steak Salad. Dinner – Vichyssoise and Foie Gras and Brie Sandwiches

I slept until 7:25 this morning.  I ate a breakfast of tropical fruit salad, yogurt, and granola and watched the market for a while as it slid into negative territory.  At 8:15 I walked ½ mile and then when I returned pulled weeds for an hour.

I showered and met with a client for a ½ hour.  At 12:30 I made a steak salad and a cheese sandwich for lunch.



Then I worked until 4:00 when I watched Mad Money for a few minutes, and then read and dozed off for a few minutes.  Our book club selection is a difficult book to read because it weaves Russian and French into the English text and discusses Nabokov’s love of butterflies and moths.

I dozed off and on until Suzette came home around 5:30. Suzette was tired and did not want to cook so we cobbled together an elegant cod meal of Vichyssoise and foie gras and brie Sandwiches.

I had bought a loaf of ciabatta at Trader Jie’s yesterday, so I sliced and toasted a piece into three flat pieces and spread butter on them.  I went to the garden and picked seven or eight chives and sliced them into thin rings.  Suzette fetched the foie gras and the new round of brie that had been aging for several weeks.  We made open faced sandwiches by spreading foie gras on a piece of toasted warm fresh bread and then laying a slice of brie on it.

Suzette filled soup bowls with Vichyssoise and garnished each soup with a pile of chive ringlets.

We opened a chilled bottle of Emma Riechard German rose made from 100% Pinot Noir and had a lovely light cool meal.

I saw an article in the New Yorker that I wish to read about cold Summer dinners. That is what we ate tonight.  Cold seems simple but it can be quite elegant as was our meal this evening.

In fact I ate a cold breakfast and lunch today.

Bon Appetit





No comments:

Post a Comment