Sunday, July 19, 2020

July 19, 2020 Brunch – Pulled Pork, Potato, Onion, and Egg Burritos. Dinner Eggplant with Garlic with Chicken, Sausage, and Baby Bok Choy and Turmeric Rice

July 19, 2020 Brunch – Pulled Pork, Potato, Onion, and Egg Burritos. Dinner Eggplant with Garlic with Chicken, Sausage, and Baby Bok Choy and Turmeric Rice

We ate Pulled Pork Burritos for breakfast. I diced two previously baked potatoes and 3/4 cup of onion.  Suzette diced the remaining 1 cup of pork in Tomatillo sauce and several broccoli florets, and stirred 4 eggs.  She then sautéed the onion and potatoes and then added the pork when the onion and potatoes were cooked.  After a few minutes Suzette added the egg and in a couple more minutes she toasted whole wheat tortillas on the open flame and then spooned filling onto two tortillas.

I called Willy at 9:30 while Suzette was cooking and told him we’re fixing burritos and invited him to
earth a burrito.  Willy had a 10:00 appointment, but came by for a burrito with grated Dubliner cheese.



I watched news programs and Tottenham beat my beloved Leicester City in Premier League play and then helped Suzette weed a raised bed and then planted the seeds Suzette saved from the three melons we bought at Sprouts a month or two ago.  We covered the seeds with potting soil and watered them in.

Then I rested until 2:00 when Suzette awakened me for our Sunday Simon Zoom meeting that lasted for an hour.

After the meeting I worked a bit and began gathering up my tax materials.

While I was working Amy called and spoke to Suzette and me until about 5:45 when Suzette went to the kitchen to start dinner and I excused myself to help her.

I peeled and sliced an eggplant and two baby Shanghai Bok Choy.  Suzette had mixed the seasoning sauce and as I sliced two inch long strips of eggplant she took them and fried them in peanut oil in the wok.

Then she added a chopped Italian sweet sausage and some chopped chicken breast and the white stalk portions of the Bok Choy.  After a few minutes she returned the fried eggplant to the wok with the green leafy portions of the Bok Choy and the seasoning sauce containing rice vinegar, Chinese cooking wine, oyster sauce, soy,  and cornstarch.

While Suzette was stirring the wok to thicken the sauce, I put the PPI rice into the microwave and heated it  for 1:23 minutes.

She then spooned rice into bowls and then piled spoonfuls of the Garlic Eggplant mixture that had developed a thick sauce.


I fetched and opened the bottle of saki Suzette had chilled n the garage.  Suzette fetched interesting ceramic glasses and I opened the bottle of  saki and filled the cups.


We watched Sixty Minutes on TV and then a documentary on Princess Margaret followed by Grantchester and Beecham House.

We actually watched Beecham House in bed after which Suzette went to bed and I stayed up to blog.

While watching Grantchester I made a cup of fresh Tea and chai, and sipped some Calvados and ate a couple of Trader Joe’s truffles.

Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment