Thursday, July 9, 2020

July 8, 2020 Lunch – Vietnamese Miso Chicken Noodle Soup. Dinner – Grilled Rib Steak with a Baked Potato and Salad

I awakened around 6:45 and watched news for a while and at 8:00 put in an order at El Super for 19 items.  Then I ate granola, yogurt, milk, and blueberries and then walked ½ mile.

At approximately 10:00 the order with 5 bags full of groceries was left porch.  I unloaded and stored everything.

Chicken noodle soup

I worked for a while but at 11:30 started a pot of soup.  I filled a two quart pot 2/3 full of water and added the Tandoori chicken fat and sauce from last night’s roast chicken.   Then added about 1 tsp. of dried dulse seaweed, 1 Pho seasoning cube and a tsp. of Knorr dehydrated chicken stock. Three types of noodles (buckwheat vermicelli, 40 cm rice sheets and a bundle of egg noodles) and 3 oz. of roasted chicken cubed.

I then added four mushrooms sliced and 1 zucchini quartered and sliced and a T. of red miso  and 4 oz. of tofu.  After 30 minutes everything was cooked and I ladled a bowl of soup. I de-stemmed part of a bunch of cilantro and sliced a lime in half and added lime juice and cilantro to the soup.  It was a filling soup so I only ate one bowl. And stored the remaining bowl of soup in the fridge.


I worked until 5:00 on my new domestic case and then checked the Market and my portfolio was up another .75% after selling several of my good stocks.  My portfolio hit a new high, which is truly inexplicable.

At 3:00 I packed the painted fabric by Bruce Lee and took it to the post office and mailed it.
After lunch I had  thawed three steaks for dinner.  Suzette came home around 4:00 and we put three yams and four russet potatoes into a 350 degree oven and cooked them for a bit over an hour.

Salad

At 6:30 I made a salad for dinner with two hard boiled eggs sliced, 1 ½ Roma tomatoes diced, 1/3 cucumber peeled and sliced, destemmed and tore 1/3 head of bibb and 1 head of Romaine  lettuce and added a small avocado diced.  I refreshed the dressing by squeezing ½ lemon into it and adding about 2 T. of olive oil and 1 Tsp of chopped tarragon leaves.

Suzette salted and peppered the steak and grilled it to medium rare.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 
I went to the garden and picked six or seven chives and sliced them thinly.

Suzette then laid a baked potato on each plate, I sliced the steak, and put the salad on the table while Suzette put a container of sour cream and the butter dish on the table.

In the afternoon I chilled a bottle of 2014 Champ de Reves Pinot Noir from Anderson Valley, California.  Those who know me know that I think Anderson Valley is the gold standard for American Pinot Noir.





We have decided that during this pandemic period to drink our better wines that we have been saving for a number of years.

This meal is a traditional meal I grew up eating as a child in Texas, steak, a baked potato and a green vegetable or salad.

Later, Suzette sliced two bananas and sautéed them in butter with brown sugar and added some Presidente Mexican brandy.

We were both tired and went to sleep at 8:30.

Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment