Monday, July 27, 2020

July 27, 2020 Lunch – Beef Pho Vietnam Noodle Soup. Dinner – Roasted Tarragon, Garlic and lemon stuffed chicken and Sautéed Patty Pan Squash

July 27, 2020 Lunch – Beef Pho Vietnam Noodle Soup. Dinner – Roasted Tarragon, Garlic and lemon stuffed chicken and Sautéed Patty Pan Squash

I woke up early and at 7:00 we walked a mile.  I then ate granola, tropical fruit salad and yogurt.  I watched the Market as Moderna took off and went up $7.00 and many other stocks followed, including Apple that ended up about $8.00 for the day.  I felt good about putting my Apple position back on on Friday.  Plus, I gained $3.00 on Friday from the time I bought it and the close.

I am back within $22,000 of my all time high. So I’m feeling a lot better than last Thursday when everything was going down and I sold Apple after a $15.00 loss to avoid an $18.00 loss.

I worked until noon and then made a Pho beef noodle soup with three kinds of noodles, the remaining Boeuf Bourguignon with all of its sautéed onions and mushrooms, a Pho seasoning cube, a heaping T. of red miso, and two beef meatballs.

It was delicious and ½ of it is left for another lunch.

When Suzette arrived home we quickly decided to roast the 7 lb. chicken she bought last week.  We went to the garden.  I picked six or seven chives and Suzette picked a handful of tarragon.  I then fetched the chicken and three lemons and cleaned the chicken and trussed it on a Spandex cooking frame.  Suzette went to the garage to fetch a bag of garlic we grew and I slide slices of lemon and garlic and sprigs of tarragon under the chicken’s skin in four or five places and placed the Spandex cooking rack with the chicken on it in about ½ inch of water in a ceramic baking dish. We roasted the chicken at 425 degrees for 10 minutes and then lowered the oven temperature to 375 degrees and roasted the chicken for an additional 1 ½ hours until it was golden brown on the outside but tender on the inside.  While the chicken roasted Suzette sliced three patty pan squashes horizontally into round slices and sautéed them in butter and added a sprinkle of brown sugar to dispel any bitterness.








I asked Suzette what wine she wanted to drink and she picked French Vouvray. The wine turned out to be a winner rich fruitiness with a slight sweetness.

Here are pictures of our plates.

We watched Antiques Roadshow until 9:00 and the some news, which continues to get more depressing every day.as Trump sends in riot police to disrupt protests , so he can activate the army, probably, to divert attention from his incompetent leadership in quelling the pandemic, the George Floyd protests and the slow economic recovery an






No comments:

Post a Comment