Tuesday, July 28, 2020

July 28, 2020 Lunch – PPI Vietnamese Pho Noodle Soup. Dinner – Chicken Salad Stuffed Avocado half Salad

July 28, 2020  Lunch – PPI Vietnamese Pho Noodle Soup. Dinner – Chicken Salad Stuffed Avocado half Salad

Today’s highlight was Bill Barr’s tussle with the Congressional Democrats and I started reading News of The World by Paulette Jiles.

I started at 7:00 by walking ½ mile and then watched the Market flounder as Barr’s testimony was delayed.

When I returned I sautéed two patty sausages and fried two eggs and toasted a slice of bagel for breakfast.


I  worked for a while mainly talking to a client about a case and later drafted a legal opinion in response to an auditor’s request.

At 12:30 I heated the remaining Vietnamese Pho Noodle Soup I made yesterday.

 It did not sit well with me so this evening I poured out the last of the suspect tropical fruit salad when I took out the trash.

Suzette arrived  around 4:20 while I was driving to the bank.

When I returned we decided to make dinner.  I suggested chicken salad stuffed avocado salad.  When Suzette agreed I started finely dicing two stalks of celery, one apple, 3 oz.of red onion, and a chicken breast.  Suzette then took over and added mayo, lemon and a diced hard boiled egg. She then cleaned lettuce and arugula from the garden and sliced a large avocado in half and filled it with the chicken salad.  We drizzled olive oil on the salad and enjoyed a fresh chicken salad salad.



I was having rose withdrawals decided to open a Crayon rose from Provence.  Crayon is very light yet has a fair amount of acidity so I thought it would complement the chicken salad without overpowering it. I liked it with dinner and drank a glass after dinner (Trader Joe’s $5.99).

I read 65 pages of News of the World and was thrilled to be reading a novel set on home turf of Texas instead of Nabokov’s literary world of Europe.

Later I ate two chocolate chip cookies with several cups of chai as Suzette and I looked at art on the Internet.

At 10:00 I lay down and read some more News of the Day.

Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment