Friday, July 24, 2020

July 24, 2020 Breakfast – Pulled Pork Burrito Lunch – Vichyssoise Dinner – Grilled Steak, Sautéed Asparagus, Zucchini, Yellow Squash, and onion and Sautéed Mushrooms.

July 24, 2020 Breakfast – Pulled Pork Burrito   Lunch – Vichyssoise   Dinner – Grilled Steak, Sautéed Asparagus, Zucchini, Yellow Squash, and onion and Sautéed Mushrooms.

A day of mostlyleftovers.

I got up and watched the news and market open.  Then I showered and began working until I became hungry.  I heated the PPI Pulled Pork and toasted a flour tortilla and rolled the Pulled Pork inside the tortilla garnished with grated cheese and the top sprinkled with Cholula Hot sauce.  It was really delicious.  I made my favorite Mexican tea, manzanilla with lime juice and honey.


Lunch was a little less exciting, a bowl of PPI Vichyssoise garnished with thinly sliced chives.

I bought back 1100 shares of zapped stock at a price $3.00 below what I sold it for two days ago, which reduced my loss for the day by $3,000.  I hope there will be some good news by Monday’s Open.

I worked until 5:30.

We decided to grill the steak I had thawed and Suzette brought home lots of Zucchini and pity pan squash and green chili peppers.





So, we decided to sauté the asparagus with yellow squash, onion, garlic, and zucchini and to sauté sliced mushrooms with shallot

Suzette wanted to eat outside, so I fetched a bottle of 2011 Gran Reserva Origon from the Tera Alta Region, near Tarragona, a blend of 60% Syrah and 40% Tempranillo ($5.99 at Trader Joe’s) and poured two glasses.

I sliced four mushrooms, three small cloves of garlic and minced ½ shallot and sautéed those ingredients in olive oil and butter and added about 2 T. of amontillado sherry to flavor the mushrooms.  I also added the juice of  ½ lemon to the sautéed vegetables.

I sliced the steak and Suzette plated the plates with steak and covered the steak with sautéed
mushrooms, spooned sautéed vegetables beside and for me, the last of the PPI Couscous and Black beans.



 The evening air was cooled by a recent rain that made it pleasant as we  sat outside.

Later we ate bowls of vanilla ice cream and went to bed at 8:30.

Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment