Thursday, April 28, 2022

April 28, 2022 Lunch - East Ocean. Dinner - Brie cheese on toast and Chicken Pot Pie

April 28, 2022 Lunch - East Ocean. Dinner - Brie cheese on toast and Chicken Pot Pie


I started out the day checking the market and correcting an error in a court setting and watching the market take off on a mighty upswing, especially in the tech sector that resulted in a 3% increase in the NASDAQ. It did not take my portfolio above the start point at the beginning of last year but it got close.


At 9:30 I ate a bowl of granola with milk and blueberries and yogurt.


Then I got ready for my book club meeting.  Peter picked up Charlie and me at 11:30 and drove us to East Ocean for lunch where we were joined by Karl.  Charlie ordered Mongolian Beef, Peter ordered sweet and sour Pork and I ordered Deep Fried Tofu with Mixed Vegetables.





After lunch we returned to my house and were joined by Keith for the meeting we talked until 3:30.  I opened a bottle of De Ponte 2019 Reserve Dundee Hills Pinot Noir, which everyone liked.  It had an wonderful bouquet and was incredibly smooth.  I also put out a plate of chocolate chip cookies for the dessert.


After the meeting at 4:15 I lay down and napped until 5:15.


Suzette arrived around 5:30 and we rested and watched the news for a while.  After she finished her cocktail she wanted to try the Pinot with some of the freshly aged brie from Isigney sur Mere.  I toasted some slices of French bread and cut the rind of a wedge of brie.  We loved the elegant wine with the perfectly aged brie.


A bit later Suzette heated the remaining chicken pot pie and we each ate a bowl of it with a glass of La Granja Viura/Verdejo Spanish white wine ($5.99 at Trader Joe’s).


Later I drank two cups of tea with three chocolate chip cookies.  


We watched Midsomer Mystery and went to bed at 9:30.


The U.S. GDP for the first quarter was -1.4%.  The world may be collapsing around us but we intend to maintain our comfortable life style.


I have lost some of my appetite and may be losing a little weight because I am feeling less pain in my joints.


Bon Appetit


No comments:

Post a Comment