Sunday, April 17, 2022

April 11, 2022 Brunch - Scrambled Eggs with steak, potatoes, onion, and Salsa. Dinner - Pian Thai Kitchen, Ajijic, Jalisco

April 11, 2022 Brunch - Scrambled Eggs with steak, potatoes, onion, and Salsa.  Dinner - Pian Thai Kitchen, Ajijic, Jalisco


I take back everything I said about my gut being acclimated to Mexican Food.  I had a bad day today with a couple of extra bowel movements that seemed to be caused by the vegetables garnish we ate with the tacos in Uruapan for brunch yesterday.


But all that passed by 2:00 as I sat at a table at Bonanza Restaurant on the beach next to the plaza in Ajijic.  After Suzette drank a margarita made with Bonanza signature tequila, she went shopping and left me to cure my system with Coke.  I drank two cans of coke during the approximately one hour she was gone.



When she returned she had bought five shirts and seen one for me.  We walked the block to the shop and I tried on several shirts until I found one that fit and suited my taste. It cost 320 pesos that is a good price, US $16.00.


We then turned our attention to eating our second meal of the day that has become our habit lately.


Suzette checked several restaurants, many of which were closed on Monday, but soon arrived at a solution. We would dine on Thai food.


I said that that seemed like a perfect solution because I thought the sweetened glutinous noodles of Pad Thai would agree with my system.


We drove to the restaurant and parked in front.


When we were seated Suzette ordered an appetizer that resembled a Vietnamese spring roll, i.e. rice vermicelli noodles in a rice wrapper, except the ones she ordered also contained cream cheese and mango.


We also ordered chicken pad Thai.  It was exactly what I thought it would be slightly sweet glutinous noodles with some fish sauce and lots of mung bean sprouts and green onion slices served with red chili and crushed peanuts.







We loved it but could only eat about half, so we asked the waitress to box the rest that we will probably eat as a snack on the road back to Sayulita on Thursday.


After dinner at around 5:30 we stopped at Huerta Mini-Super and bought bacon, eggs, bolillas, cojita cheese, yogurt, and ice.


We then drove the sixty miles back to the lake house.  What would take less than an hour in the U.S. took 1 1/2 to 2 hours in Mexico due to having to wait behind slow moving traffic on a two lane highway and multiple speed bumps in every small village.


When we returned Suzette discovered there was a fire in the Bosque south of her facility traveling north that was not contained.


Suzette called the state and spent most of the next three hours organizing the evacuation of the clients at the Center by phone and text.


I was feeling better and drank several cups of mint tea and ate a few cookies and we then watched another episode of the Last Kingdom.


Suzett then made us dessert by garnishing a bowl of yogurt with the fig and raspberry compote she made.  It was the most delicious thing I ate today.




Bon Appetit 


Suzette finally went to bed at 10:45 while I was still blogging, but I followed her to bed soon after.


We will see what adventures tomorrow brings

No comments:

Post a Comment