Monday, April 25, 2022

April 25, 2022 Lunch - Salami and Egg Cesar Salad, Dinner - Grilled rib Steak, Baked Potato, Sautéed Mushrooms with red Bell Pepper, and Steamed Asparagus with Hollandaise sauce

April 25, 2022 Lunch - Salami and Egg Cesar Salad,  Dinner - Grilled rib Steak, Baked Potato, Sautéed Mushrooms with red Bell Pepper, and Steamed Asparagus with Hollandaise sauce


Today I tried to eat well to recover.  I made a bowl of oatmeal with raisins, diced apple and brown sugar for breakfast.




I ran several errands and returned at noon with a bag of russet potatoes and made a salad with romaine lettuce, a diced hard boiled egg, five slices of salami diced, a tomato tomato diced, and some sliced onion. I added a few slices of anchovy and freshened up the dressing with anchovies, garlic, olive oll, and fresh lemon juice.  The olive oil was the good stuff willy gave us last Christmas.


I garnished two slices of French baguette with Jarlsberg cheese an melted it for 15 seconds in the microwave.





The salad was delicious.


At 2:00 I checked my portfolio and found that we finally had a positive day of .7%.


I napped until 3:25 and then hosted a zoom meeting of the Titan board until 5:00.


Suzette came home a bit after 5:00 and started baking 4 potatoes and the acorn squash I bought at El Super a few days ago.


I went to the basement and fetched a bottle of 2018 Edict Pinot Noir so we could try an Anderson Valley Pinot in anticipation of our trip there for the pinot Festival on May 19th.  The wine was jammy when first poured but began to open up and was really rich and delicious with berry overtones during the meal.


We racked the steaks to age them and I picked one for dinner from the small filet end.  I then sliced three mushrooms, 1/4 red bell pepper and a shallot that b sautéed in butter and olive oil while Suzette grilled the steak.


Suzette h had shaped and put a handful of asparagus ntomthe steamer before she started cooking the steak.


When she flipped the steak she said, “Start the asparagus steaming”, which I did.


I added about 2 T. of sherry to the mushrooms and turned up the heat to make sure the red bell pepper cooked.


Soon Suzette brought the grilled steak in from the grill. I sliced it and it was rare and undercooked.  We covered it with aluminum foil and let it rest for a couple of minutes while Suzette opened and dressed two potatoes with butter, sour cream, and sliced green onion.


Suzette then plated the plates with a baked potato, buttered and garnished with sour cream and green onion ringlets and four or five stalks of steamed asparagus to which I added two dollops of Hollandaise.


I poured the wine and we ate an amazing dinner.  The steak was super delicious even though rather rare.  The wine perfectly complemented the steak and sherry flavored mushrooms.







After dinner I toasted a slice of French baguette and buttered it and garnished it with slices of brie cheese.  That did not go as well with the Pinot as the steak did.


Later Suzette and I made ice cream sundaes with cherry Amaretto flavored ice cream, maraschino cherries, chocolate syrup, and whipped cream.




We watched the Roadshow and then went bed at 9:00.


Bon Appetit








No comments:

Post a Comment