Wednesday, April 27, 2022

April 27, 2022 Breakfast - Chicken Fried Rice Egg Foo Young Lunch - D. H. Lescombes Winery and Bistro. Dinner - Chicken Pot Pie

April 27, 2022 Breakfast - Chicken Fried Rice Egg Foo Young Lunch - D. H. Lescombes Winery and Bistro. Dinner - Chicken Pot Pie 


I ate five meals today.  The first one was a bagel with cream cheese, cod roe paste, and slices of Manchego with a cup of tea at 4:30 a.m.




The second meal was at 9:15.  I sliced two mushrooms and two green onions and added the PPI Chicken Fried Rice and then, when everything was cooked, added two whisked eggs to solidify everything into a cake.


Suzette and I shared the resulting Egg Foo Young.



Then I completed and sent my client information form to the Indian brokerage firm that I hope will sell my Indian bank shares for me, while Suzette was planting carrots. Lettuce, and dill and killed four grubs in one of the raised beds.


At noon I drove to D. H. Lescombes Winery and Bistro on Rio Grande and ate lunch with Jay Steinberg, who shares an interest with Billy and me in the Ultrahealth property on Central.


I ordered the meatloaf lunch with two slices of meatloaf smeared with a mango/chipotle jam and mashed Yukon Gold potatoes and steamed and sautéed vegetables.  I really enjoyed the lunch but had to box one of the slices of meatloaf.  Jay ordered the chicken salad salad that looked really good.







I drove home after lunch and discovered that the market ended near the flat line.  Then earnings releases drove up Facebook and Qualcomm after the close.  I did not check yesterday or today and hope tomorrow will be good also, I will check tommow. 


I rested until 4:00 and watched Ari Melber on MSNBC.


Suzette went to Lowe’s to buy fresh lasagna noodles that she cut into strips to made Pennsylvania Dutch Chicken Pot Pie.  She added diced celery, onion, and carrot to the broth she made yesterday by boiling the chicken carcass with the remaining meat.  


Suzette then added diced potatoes and the lasagna noodles and cooked the pot of ingredients into a stew. Suzette used the lasagna noodles instead of making ribbles. The noodles worked perfectly.


I was not hungry until later, but Suzette ate a bowl of the pot pie around 6:00 and Willy came by around 6:30 and ate a bowl plus a few chocolate chip cookies I made after Suzette finished cooking her chicken pot pie.



I ate a few bites at 7:45 and we said goodnight to Willy and went to bed at 8:30.


I stayed up to blog and read Michael Strogoff, Courier for the Czar by Jules Verne.


The most exciting event of the day occurred when Willy arrived. He saw a swarm of bees on our Rose of Sharon bush.  Suzette called a bee keeper who came over and gathered the bees for her hive.


I have never seen a swarm of bees, nor have I ever seen a bee keeper gather a swarm from the branch of a bush.


Bon Appetit






No comments:

Post a Comment