Monday, April 18, 2022

April 18, 2022 Lunch - Bagel Sandwich Dinner - Mushroom, ham, cheese, and Asparagus Omelet

April 18, 2022 Lunch - Bagel Sandwich  Dinner - Mushroom, ham, cheese, and Asparagus Omelet 


Today I took care of banking and communicating with several clients and filing and paying taxes for the Children’s Trust and then shopping for groceries.


It was a full day and my muscles faltered toward the end, but let me explain.


I woke and started on taxes first, after talking to two clients.


Shahin was wonderful. He helped file the taxes and transmit payment to the U.S. Treasury and State of New Mexico for both trusts.  

 

I woke up hungry and weak so heated the leftover miso soup.


Then I worked until noon when I toasted 1 1/2 slices of bagel and spread cream cheese on them and garnished them with slices of ham and Manchego cheese.  I drank water with lunch.


I then drove to the two banks to deposit checks, including Willy’s check from the warehouse.


I then drove to Uptown to the Walmart Neighborhood Store and bought a bottle of Vita Herring in wine sauce and across the parking lot returned Xfinity’s control box for the TV in Suzette’s office.


It was 4:00 and I was getting tired but I pushed on to Smith’s at Carlisle and Constitution to replenish our basics.  I bought green onions, green beans, a 16.3 lb. side of rib steaks, bananas, two Roma tomatoes, sour cream, milk, butter, eggs, a red bell pepper, apple cider, and Negra Modelo beer.


My muscles weakened and I tried to gain strength.  I ate a banana and then bought a 2 liter bottle of root beer and drank a few gulps, but my body was severely weakened.  I asked for help checking out and made it to the car where I drank several more gulps of root beer and promised myself to start eating more food for lunch.


I arrived home a few minutes after 5:00 and Suzette helped me carry in the groceries and then handed me a bowl of popcorn that I ate with another glass of root beer.


I told Suzette I was ready to eat dinner, so at 5:30 we decided to make a mushroom omelet.


We had a full bag of asparagus, so we decided to add some asparagus and Suzette suggested some cheese and I suggested a couple pieces of chopped ham.


So we made a Mushroom, ham, cheese, and Asparagus Omelet and I toasted and buttered a piece of French Baguette.


By the end of dinner I started regaining strength, but was still weak so I napped until 8:00.


When I awakened I watched the Antiques Roadshow with Suzette until 9:00 who then went to bed.


I stayed up and watched the news until 11:30, had a sip of Kahlua.


Rachel had a wonderful segment with Jane Mayer on Right Wing organized efforts to prevent confirmation of Biden’s appointees.  Then Lawrence O’Donnell had an even more wonderful segment with Lawrence Tribe on the legal basis for seizing Russia’s $100 billion of reserves that are already impounded and using them to aid Ukraine.


I went to bed happy at 11:30 but neither I or Suzette could get to bed due to both of our stomachs that kept rumbling.


Bon Appetit



No comments:

Post a Comment