Sunday, April 3, 2022

April 1, 2022 Lunch - Sandwiches on the plane. Dinner - Tierra Viva, Sayulita.

April 1, 2022 Lunch - Sandwiches on the plane. Dinner - Tierra Viva, Sayulita. 


We awakened at 4 :00 and dressed and drove to the airport for our 6:30 flight to Houston. Last night I made two chicken, spinach, Manchego cheese and avocado slice sandwiches on German Kommiser bread and two charcuterie and cheese on French baguette. I ate a charcuterie on French baguette for breakfast on the flight to Houston.


After a two hour wait we took the Southwest flight to Puerto Vallarta, arriving at 2:00.  We shuttled to the Budget rental car office and picked up a new VW polo.


We then drove to Actinver where Suzette ordered her account liquidated.


We then bought frozen ravioli at the fresh pasta shop and then drove to Comer Supermarket and shopped for some basics, including eggs, milk, butter, yogurt, bolillos, pineapple marmalade, chocolate wafer cookies, mangoes, tomatoes, mint tea, Bacardi Rum Anejo, Kahlua, a Tripache white Torrontes from Argentina and a bottle of Cabernet Sauvignon.


We then drove out to Sayulita and found the Villa Amalia Hotel with no difficulty.


Our room was fine, two queen sized beds, a small kitchen, and even a walk in shower.  I was impressed.


We unpacked and rested until 6:15 and then drove to downtown Sayulita and parked up the hill on Marlin. We got confused as the location of the restaurant and finally walked down the hill and past the square on Marlin to Tierra Viva where we found Linda, TR, John, and his wife.


We all ordered drinks and an entree.  I ordered the Shrimp chili Relleno with steamed mixed vegetables and a Negra Modelo that is what I ordered last time.




John and Suzette ordered the pistachio crusted tuna steak. TR ordered his usual coconut coated fried shrimp on skewers.


Here are some photos.




                                             The Pistachio Encrusted Tuna Steak


                                               T R and me


TR told John I collected art and I showed John some of my collection for a while until we ordered and I sensed he was getting bored.


And then TR told John that I was involved in water law and I then spent a good while discussing the arguments and my efforts on behalf of the farmers in the Lower Rio Grande Valley and in the brief I just filed in the NM Court of Appeals.  John said my case would make a book and I guess he is correct.


TR invited me to go fishing and we talked about fishing for a while.


I told TR my theory of how to deal with Putin and Russia.  That is to say what I think Biden and Blinken are saying in the negative, “That when a nation chooses to challenge International law by attacking a sovereign nation that is not acceptable and will be opposed by the democratic nations.”


I would say it a little differently. I would say, “We live in a world governed by International Laws.  When you transgress those Laws, you have excluded yourself from the benefit of those laws and the nations of the rest of the world will make it impossible for you to benefit from the world’s economy.  But we would like for you to re-join the world economy and system of Laws and we would gladly welcome Russia back into the world we live in governed by International Laws as soon as you adjust your behavior to accord with International Laws.”


I love talking to TR and enjoyed meeting John and his wife and hope we can all be friends.


After dinner TR drove Suzette up the hill to the car while I waited at the restaurant and she picked me up a few minutes later.  We drove home the long way on the by-pass road and picked up a bag of ice and when we returned to the room we drank White Russians as a nightcap and went to bed by 11:00.


The Chile Relleno was prepared in a creative manner, although a little undercooked for me.  It was battered with the usual flour and egg and sautéed or deep fried. The best aspect of the dish was the creamy shrimp sauce that Tierra Viva uses on several dishes that is quite wonderful. 



In fact, I think it is used as the dipping sauce for the coconut shrimp that TR likes.


It was a wonderful re-introduction to Sayulita.


Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment