Tuesday, January 5, 2021

January 5, 2021 Lunch – Oriental Chicken Noodle and Rice Soup. Dinner – a Ham Salad Stuffed Tomato Salad

 January 5, 2021 Lunch – Oriental Chicken Noodle and Rice Soup. Dinner – a Ham Salad Stuffed Tomato Salad

Today the market recovered all of its losses from yesterday. Talk about volatility. 

I prepared Oriental Chicken Noodle and Rice Soup for lunch. I heated 2/3 of a 2 quart pot with water and added 1 ½ tsp. of Knorr dehydrated chicken stock, an 8 oz. container of PPI stir fried chicken and vegetables and rice, plus ½ of a zucchini diced, five or six leaves of Napa cabbage, 1 ½ T. of white miso, a bundle of fresh egg white noodles, 8 chicken mini dumplings, and 1/6 onion sliced.

The use of fresh noodles and pre-cooked dumplings cut the cooking time in about ½ to 15 to 20 minutes.

I sprinkled fresh sliced green onion rounds on top of the soup.



I created a document today for the first time by copying a form from a form book, scanning it, then converting it to word so I could type insertions into the document.

At 4:30 I drove to the bank and library to pick up Pathway to the Moon.

Suzette had just pulled into the garage as I returned home.

I rested while she watched the news and then at 6:00 we decided to make a salad with the two tomatoes, 1 avocado,  lettuce, pickled beets, and PPI Ham Salad that Suzette made from the baked ham last week.

We dressed the salad with lemon juice and olive oil and drank water for a healthy low fat dinner that used up several items that were getting a little old.  I made cheesy bread by toasting two slices of 9 Grain sandwich bread and covering it with slices of Swiss Gruyere cheese that I then melted in the microwave.





Bon Appetit


No comments:

Post a Comment