Thursday, January 21, 2021

January 21, 2021 Lunch – PPI Posole and a Tamale Dinner – PPI Lasagna

 January 21, 2021 Lunch – PPI Posole and a Tamale  Dinner – PPI Lasagna

 Today food was overshadowed by the beginning of the Biden Presidency and the stock market. 

The Biden WH took a number of important administrative steps today, including introducing a comprehensive Covid plan and firing several Trump holdover agency directors and nominating several new department heads.

The market continued for a third day to rEspond favorably to the new Biden Presidency.  My portfolio grew by almost 2%, which is near record territory for one day.  It grew almost 5% in the last three days, which I think is a record. There were big advances in the big tech stocks.  Apple was up almost $5.00/share today, for example.

I am pretty sure  this is the best three day run in the history of my portfolio.

I ate granola, yogurt, blueberries, and milk for breakfast.

I had a busy morning of work that I ended at 12:30 when I heated a bowl of PPI Posole and one of the beef Tamales Loyda and Jody gave us.

I listened to the WH press briefing at 2:00 with Dr. Fauci and at 3:00 I rode to Campbell Rd. and back. It was a lovely day over 50 degrees and sunny with only a light breeze out of the north.

I rested until Suzette came home at 5:30.  We reheated pieces of the PPI lasagna for dinner and I opened another bottle of the Aquino Chianti Reserva (Trader Joe’s $5.99).  I also sautéed three more slices of French baguette in the leftover garlic oil to make garlic bread.



It was a thoroughly pleasant day.

After dinner I ate several squares of milk chocolate with almonds and drank a cup of tea. 

I was tired and lay down a bit after 8:00 and slept until 10:30 when I wrote this blog.

Bon Appetit

 


No comments:

Post a Comment