Wednesday, January 13, 2021

January 12, 2021 Lunch – PPI Miso Chicken and Pork Noodle Soup. Dinner – Sautéed Filet Mignon with Mushrooms and sautéed Butternut Squash and Roasted Potatoes, and Steamed Green beans

 January 12, 2021 Lunch – PPI Miso Chicken and Pork Noodle Soup. Dinner – Sautéed Filet Mignon with Mushrooms and sautéed Butternut Squash and Roasted Potatoes, and Steamed Green beans

This was a food day.  For breakfast at 8:00 I ate a bowl of yogurt, granola, milk, and blueberries.

That carried me until 1:30 when I heated the PPI Miso Chicken Noodle Soup i made yesterday and added another T. of red miso, about two T. of sautéed pork, and an egg whisked with about1 T. each of Aji mirin, soy sauce, and a tsp. Of sesame oil..  I waited until the soup was at a rolling boil, so the egg would break up into clouds.  I also added another cup of water to loosen up the soup.  I ate two bowls and put the rest back into the fridge.  


The market was incredibly generous to me today.  After making a terrible mistake of putting my position back on Facebook and  seeing the stock drop $7.00, my portfolio still managed a .3% gain. This was due to the new outlier stocks I bought now the last two weeks, ABNB, crsp, and plug.

When Suzette arrived a bit after 4:00 we walked ½ mile in the neighborhood.

I had thawed a filet mignon for dinner and at 6:00 we started cooking.  The  menu was simple. I sliced six portobello mushrooms and ½ shallot.  Suzette salted and peppered the filet and sautéed it in an iron skillet with a bit of butter and then added the mushrooms and shallot and cooked it to rare.  When i sliced it it was blood rare, so Suzette sautéed the slices a minute or two in the mushrooms to cook the filet slices to medium rare.  In another skillet Suzette sautéed the PPI Butternut Squash and Roasted Potatoes.

I snapped about ½ cup of green beans and we steamed them.





 
  


  Suzette chose the newly acquired bottle of 2018 Portal Portuguese red wine from the Douro River Valley.  It was very flowery with overtones  of lavender.  As it opened up it took on a more syrupy consistency.  We liked it. I forgot where I bought but would guess Trader Joe’s.

After dinner I ate a piece of toasted bread with a slice of brie and later a sip of Calvados with a chocolate truffle.

Bon Appetit



No comments:

Post a Comment