Saturday, January 23, 2021

January 23, 2021 Brunch – Egg BLT. Dinner – PPI Lasagna and Cesar Salad

 January 23, 2021 Brunch – Egg BLT.  Dinner – PPI Lasagna and Cesar Salad

There was no soccer on TV this morning so at 8:00 I decided to go shopping at Sprouts.i showered and dressed and drove to the new Coors store, my new favorite.  I bought the two things we needed dill weed for the tzatziki for the lamb chops Suzette bought at Costco yesterday and milk.  But I also bought a fillet of Coho salmon, a fillet of mahi mahi, a pound of bacon, yogurt, Roma tomatoes, red and yellow onions, an eggplant, and broccoli.  All in all a good shopping experience. 

I did not return home until 10:00and I was mighty hungry. We decided to made BLTsandwiches with slices of the fresh loaf of whole wheat bread I bought at Bosque Bakery yesterday.

Suzette had put the two slicing tomatoes in the window sill so they had ripened.  We fried the last seven slices of bacon from the last package of bacon and Suzette spun six or seven leaves of Romaine lettuce.

She then fried three whisked eggs into an egg pancake and sliced the two tomatoes.  We toasted four slices of bread and a Suzette spread mayo on them.  I sliced onion for my two open faced sandwiches.

We each piled tomatoes, lettuce, bacon, and Suzette lay a quarter of the egg pancake on each of my sandwiches.  Suzette made her sandwich with a slice of bread on each side.  Suzette made a Bloody Mary and I drank a glass of Clamato flavored with juice of ½ lime.



,We ate in the gazebo bathed in sunlight.

After lunch I rested and read until 3:00. Suzette walked 2 miles around the two ponds at Tingley Beach.  When she returned at 4:00  I rode 5 miles south.  

As I returned home the sun was setting reflecting pink off the snow on Sandia Peak and the moon was high in the Sky. Sort of a Moon rise over Albuquerque.



When I returned I drank a hot buttered rum, made with a heaping tsp.of brown sugar, a heaping tsp. of butter, a bit of rum, and a bit of freshly grated nutmeg. 

At 6:30 we made dinner. It was easy.  We heated pieces of the PPI Lasagna and made a Caesar salad with torn Romaine lettuce, slices of Pecorino -Romano cheese plus we made croutons.  I cut cubes ofFrench baguette and Suzette tossed them in a freezer bag with olive oil, salt, and pepper and baked them in the oven until golden brown to brown.  I freshened the dressing with some anchovies, the juice of ½ lemon, and some olive oil.  

We opened a bottle of 2017 Cantina Zaccagnini Montepulciano del Abbruzo that I bought last year for $13.99 at Trader Joe’s.





  I grated Parmesan cheese on top of the lasagna and we ate a wonderful meal. 


 


We watched Ebola Holmes as we finished our glasses of wine after dinner.


Bon Appetit 


No comments:

Post a Comment