Friday, January 8, 2021

January 7, 2020 Lunch – PPI Chicken Noodle Soup Dinner – Grilled Lamb Chops, Tzatziki, and Roasted Potatoes

 January 7, 2020 Lunch – PPI Chicken Noodle Soup  Dinner – Grilled Lamb Chops, Tzatziki, and Roasted Potatoes

Today things started coming into focus politically as both Republicans and Democrats saw the scheme by which Trump tried to overturn the election yesterday, planning a take over of the Capitol to delay completion of the counting of the Electoral votes by fraudulent claims of fraud that had no chance of succeeding.

Today there were calls for invoking the 25th Amendment or another Impeachment.

I ate fruit salad, yogurt, granola and milk for breakfast.  Then I ate the PPI bowl of Chicken Noodle Soup to which I added a diced baby Bok Choy and reheated the bowl in the microwave covered until the soup was nearly boiling.


My idea for dinner was driven by the firmness of the Greek yogurt I spooned on my cereal this morning.  It was firm, almost dry, like labni.

Since Suzette had bought two cucumbers last week, I thought the combination of the yogurt and fresh cucumber would be the basis for a great tzatziki.  So, after lunch I thawed three lamb chops that I found in the freezer.

The market took off today. Perhaps because there was a perception that Trump’s attempt to steal the election had failed and that there was now certainty that the elections were all resolved and the government and American democracy was no longer in peril.

I withdrew $7000 dollars from my IRA as part of this year’s required mandatory Distribution to pay tax installments. It did not even create a ripple in my portfolio because I had the best daily gain I can recall of ever; 2%.  Stellar in every respect. 

It is days like these that make you love stock picking.

At 3:30 I rode 3 miles on my bike around Tingley Beach.

When I returned home at 4:15 I started prepping dinner because I needed to be through the prep by 5:00 when my meditation group sat by Zoom.

I made tzatziki by peeling and dicing and salting a cucumber with 2 tsp. of salt.  I then added about 2 T. of 

olive oil, a cup of yogurt, and juice of a lemon.  I then squeezed two cloves of garlic a T. of red onion, hand about ¼ cup of chopped dill and stirred every thing together and put the tzatziki into the fridge.






I then pre-heated the oven to 375 degrees and diced four Yukon gold potatoes and put them into a 9 x 9 inch baking dish with about two to three T. of olive oil, two to three tsp. of red Hawaiian salt and eight or ten peeled cloves of garlic.

Suzette arrived at about 4:50 and fetched a piece of aluminum foil. I covered the baking dish and placed it in the oven and went to meditate.

When I finished meditating around 5:40 I returned to the kitchen.

Suzette had salted and peppered the lamb chops.  I decided to open a 2011 Wellington Noir de Noir Alicante Boushet.  I had given a bottle to Billy but had never tried it. It was very dark and heavy. At first it was a bit bitter with tannins, but after twenty minutes it began to open and became delicious.  We drank the whole bottle.  It was great with the lamb and even better with Belgium chocolates after dinner. 

Suzette cooked the lamb chops perfectly and the potato wedges were delicious.


 After dinner I ate a piece of fruit cake with a small glass of Calvados and a cup of Tila tea.  I went to bed at 8:15 while trying to watch Midsomer Mystery.

Later I awakened and blogged.

YThis was a spontaneous and wonderful meal with a good wine I had never tasted before.


Bon Appetit

.



No comments:

Post a Comment