Sunday, January 31, 2021

January 31, 2021 Lunch – Ham and Split pea soup. Dinner – Poached Mahi Mahi with carrots ,onion, garlic, and mushrooms served with Shanghai noodles and Steamed Broccoli

 January 31, 2021 Lunch – Ham and Split pea soup. Dinner – Poached Mahi Mahi with carrots ,onion, garlic, and mushrooms served with Shanghai noodles and Steamed Broccoli

I awakened at 6:00 to watch Liecester play Leeds and was depressed when Leeds beat them.  I watched the news and then Suzette and I made bacon and eggs.

At 11:30 I drove to Sprouts to shop.  I bought two matching fillets of  salmon for Gravad lax, tuna, and scallops for sushi, green beans, green onions, parsley, milk, orange marmalade, a pineapple, cilantro, two large avocados, two sweet onions, celery, carrots, and five lb. of bacon on sale for $2.99/lb.

When I returned home I heated the split pea soup and we ate bowls of it for our lunch. I ate mine with a buttered slice of whole wheat bread and a glass of German rose wine.  

  

We zoomed at 2:00 with Rebecca and Mickie and Billy and Elaine.

At 3:00 I lay down and napped until 4:30.

We started dinner at 5:30.  I sliced a cup of strips of sweet onion and about the same amount of mushrooms.  Suzette sectioned the two fillets of Mahi Mahi and peeled and sliced strips of carrots.  She then cooked the vegetables in butter and added water and white wine to make a poaching medium that she cooked the fish in.  

Suzette also destemmed Broccoli flowerets and steamed them.

Willy arrived around 6:30 to do laundry and join us for dinner.

I heated 4 quarts of water and when Suzette added cream to the fish pot I softened about ½ lb. of thin freshShanghai egg noodles in the boiling water for about 1 minute.  We then transferred most of them to the fish pot.

 Suzette then plated the dish and garnished with steamed broccoli.


 

  

We opened a bottle of French Belles Vignes Sauvignon Blanc to use in the poaching medium and drink with the dish.

  This turned of to be a French/Chinese fusion dish that we liked.  Suzette noted that the noodles were much thinner than normal egg noodles.

 After dinner while we watched Scarlett and the duke on PBS Masterpiece Theatre, suzette made dessert, scoops of chocolate mousse dusted with mandarin orange powder, two recipes from the La Buvette cookbook.   

It was a lovely dinner and evening of wonderful PBS Masterpiece theatre.

We went to bed at 10:00 after I blogged.


Bon Appetit


No comments:

Post a Comment