Thursday, January 14, 2021

January 13, 2021 Lunch – PPI Ham and Chicken Misp Noodle Soup. Dinner – Broiled Blue Mackerel with New Recipe. Sautéed Rice and Asparagus

 January 13, 2021 Lunch – PPI Ham and Chicken Misp Noodle Soup. Dinner – Broiled Blue Mackerel with New Recipe. Sautéed Rice and Asparagus

Today was historic and wonderful in at least four ways for me.  Thanks to Suzette I received my first Vaccination, I went to the 99 store for shopping and bought a lovely fresh blue mackerel, President Trump was impeached for the second time, the market was kind to me again today.

I ate bagels with slices of Gravad Lax and red onion for breakfast. 

 Then I dressed and drove to Suzette’s Center for Ageless Living and received my first shot of the covid    vaccine.  On the way back home I thought I would check to see if the 99 Seafood Supermarket had oysters. I drove up Gibson to the market.  There were no oysters but i found lots of other interesting items.  I bought a blue mackerel, fresh bamboo roots, mung bean sprouts, baby Bok Choy , ichiban eggplants, almond cookies, a 6 oz. can of crab, coconut milk, a can of quail eggs, white yams, shallots, fresh egg noodles, and a red onion.

I then drove home and reconstituted the PPI Miso Noodle Soup by adding ham, a bundle of fresh egg white noodles, some more shallot, and Napa cabbage, and red miso and chicken broth.  The result was really delicious.  I added fresh mung bean sprouts and hoisin sauce.


 I finished lunch just before 2:00, so I watched the Market close and when I checked my portfolio, I found that my portfolio had increased by .75%.  Another great day helped by a $2.09 increase in Apple stock.

Suzette came home around  4:30.  She ate the PPI steak  because she had not eaten lunch.  We then had cocktails and watched the news of this historic day.

We decided to start cooking at 6:30.  Suzette found a simple recipe for mackerel that called For simply broiling it for 6 to 7 minutes.  I filleted the mackerel and then Suzette seasoned it with salt and pepper and dusted it with chopped parsley and squeezed lemon juice over it.

She then Broiled it until the flesh began to flake.


Sautéed Rice and Asparagu 

The most creative dish was the vegetable.  Suzette sautéed cooked rice with 1 inch pieces of asparagus. I zested a lemon into the dish and a Suzette added a splash of Aji Mirin.  This was an interesting and creative dish.

We drank the opened bottles of French Belle Vignes Sauvignon Blanc and Kirkland Pinot Grigio with dinner.

The dinner was so delicious and creative that I had no interest in anything else to eat or drink after dinner.




We were sleepy and went to bed at 8:30.

Bon Appetit


No comments:

Post a Comment