Wednesday, January 27, 2021

January 27, 2021 Lunch – PPI Lasagna Dinner – Chana Masala Tajine with Couscous

 January 27, 2021 Lunch – PPI Lasagna  Dinner – Chana Masala Tajine with Couscous 

Today was a good food day.  I read part of Le Buvette last night.  A food and wine book written by the owner of a restaurant of that name in Paris.  The thing she emphasizes is taste.  Interesting flavors joined together such a ball of fresh mozzarella cheese dusted with dried mandarin orange peel powder of large cooked beans with a squirt of citrus. 

I have dedicated myself to tasting food both for the added enjoyment and to lose some weight from eating less.

Today I started with a bowl of granola, milk, blueberries, and yogurt.

 Then at 12:30 suzette and I decided to re-heat the last of the PPI Lasagna.  It was still delicious with glasses of the Dublanc Cotes Du Rhone.  After lunch I ate three squares of dark chocolate with almonds with the last sips of wine. 

 


  Today was huge sell off in the Market with my portfolio losing 2%.  Let’s hope things turn around 
tomorrow.

Today I read about a wonderful lamb stew and chickpea stew one of the characters in Pathway to the Moon ate in Tangiers, so I decided to try to replicate the stew.  The only cooked chickpeas in the House was a bag of Channa Masala, so I chopped ¼ onion, carrot, and a ½ lb. slice of baked butternut squash.  Suzette sautéed those three ingredients and added a handful of raisins while I cubed the remaining meat on two lamb chops left from last night’s dinner. The book’s description mentioned the flavor of turmeric, so I thought the masala had a similar flavor profile.

I added the finely cubed lamb and about ½ cup of PPI ground veal stew to the pot of vegetables and we  added some water to loosen the stew.

I then made 1 cup of Couscous by sautéing 1 cup of Couscous in 2 T. of melted butter and then adding 1 ½ cups of boiling water and cooking the Couscous for a few minutes to develop steam and cook the Couscous and then let it stand for a couple of Minutes.  Then I fluffed the Couscous and turned up the heat to develop steam in the pot and then turned off the heat to let it fluff up.



  We enjoyed the dish but thought it could have had more flavor.  There is enough for another meal, so when we eat it again we will add harrisa.

  I drank chai with dinner and Suzette drank a Negra Modelo.

We moved items in the basement to clean the floor to prep it for Suzette’s painting this weekend and then went to bed.

Bon Appetit

 



No comments:

Post a Comment