Thursday, January 14, 2021

January 14, 2021. Breakfast – Vietnamese Omelet. Lunch – Beef Salad. Dinner – Stir fried Pork with Vegetables and Rice

 January 14, 2021. Breakfast – Vietnamese Omelet. Lunch – Beef Salad. Dinner – Stir fried Pork with Vegetables and Rice

I bought a bag with 11/2 lb. of fresh mung bean sprouts at the 99 seafood supermarket on Wednesday. They are very perishable so I have tried to prepare dishes with them as an ingredient.

This morning at 10:00 I made an omelet with sausage, shallot, Fresh Chinese noodles soaked in boiling water for four minutes, Napa cabbage, a green onion sliced, and a handful of mung bean sprouts plus two eggs whisked with salt.  The result was exactly what I had hoped for. Here are pictures, 

  
 


 For lunch at 1:30 I ate the PPI salad and added the PPI fillet steak, ½ tomato, and ¼ cucumber peeled, seeded, and sliced plus the last bit of goat cheese.  I toasted two slices of baguette and melted slices of Jarlsberg cheese onto them and had a pleasant lunch.

I checked my portfolio and was happy to see that it had slipped only .2% in what appears to be the beginning of a tech sell off.

At 3:50 I rode 2 ½ miles around the lakes at Tingley Beach.  When I returned home I Suzette arrived and I meditated at 5:00 until 5:30.

Suzette did not wish to cook so I made dinner.  I made a cup of rice.

Then I cubed a pork chop, 1 large shallot, a dozen sugar snap peas, 1/8 of a red bell pepper, the last ¼ cup of Napa cabbage, about ½ T. of garlic and fresh ginger, about 1 cup of a bamboo shoot, and about 3 oz. of brown Beech mushrooms.  I sautéed the meat and hard vegetables in heated peanut oil with ½ tsp. of garlic chili sauce. Then I added the sugar snap peas, cabbage, and bamboo shoots.  Finally I added two 

handfuls of mung beans and a seasoning sauce containing soy, Chinese Cooking wine, a splash of rice vinegar, sesame oil, and oyster sauce, and a pinch or two of salt and sugar plus cornstarch and about ¼ cup

 of water.  As the sauce heated and thickened I added another ¼ cup of water to keep the sauce from  coagulating.

  I then served us the stir fry dish on a pile of rice.




 

 We drank water with dinner but later I drank a cup of tea with lovely cookies Ed made for Suzette.




It was a pleasant day without a lot of legal work.

We watched a Charles Russell biography, then Midsomer Mystery, and finally I watched an episode of Endeavour and then blogged before going to bed 


Bon Appetit


No comments:

Post a Comment